Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Live Buffer??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ISWIZ

ISWIZ

Icon

• Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

OK, new update is installed. 9PM Recording Tarheels vs NC State on one tuner, Lost on the other. We had been watching recorded Olympics. I decide to EXIT the recording and go to My VOD to be sure the two shows are recording. And what do I exit into, 10 minutes into the basketball game.
Hey wait, we can't do that, there is no live buffer, or is there now. OK, I go in MyVOD go to the "recorded" ball game I'v been watching at the 10 minute mark, it starts at the beginning. Hmmm, exit, back to live. OK, My VOD, in to Lost, at the beginning, Exit, back to Live ballgame...................very strange this box is:confused:
Dave

DTV HR22-100 (Primary)
DTV R16-300 (Secondary)

DTV R16-300
(Gathering dust in a closet)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:57 PM

Bookmarks.
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#3 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:01 PM

Unlikely that it is "bookmarks".........they have to be set manually by the user.

#4 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

I certainly missed the OP's point (thinking back to Earl's original review: how to compensate for the loss of dual buffers, use bookmarks).

Perhaps this is a step in the "right" direction. Dual "buffers" has been an issue for me to bring my R15 back into active service...sure as heck much easier to hit pause and the live TV button on the TiVos. But this is interesting at least, still wish they could do it without "having" to use the VOD.

Back to the OP's point though, is this REALLY new? If so, mark it up to progress I guess.
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#5 OFFLINE   ISWIZ

ISWIZ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:22 AM

I was able to rewind back to the beginning in LIVE but could only manage to get to one live tuner. Just strange.
Dave

DTV HR22-100 (Primary)
DTV R16-300 (Secondary)

DTV R16-300

#6 OFFLINE   cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:17 AM

OK, new update is installed. 9PM Recording Tarheels vs NC State on one tuner, Lost on the other. We had been watching recorded Olympics. I decide to EXIT the recording and go to My VOD to be sure the two shows are recording. And what do I exit into, 10 minutes into the basketball game.
Hey wait, we can't do that, there is no live buffer, or is there now. OK, I go in MyVOD go to the "recorded" ball game I'v been watching at the 10 minute mark, it starts at the beginning. Hmmm, exit, back to live. OK, My VOD, in to Lost, at the beginning, Exit, back to Live ballgame...................very strange this box is:confused:

Yeah it does that to me all the time. I hate it, I wish it brought you too a blank screen like the UTV did. I hate finishing a recorded program only to be dumped into the live buffer and see the middle of one of the two shows that i'm recording.

Last night I had something even wierder happen. I paused a show that was recorded and then watched another recorded show. When I was done watching that show the one I had pause came up instead of live tv and started playing. Weird. So I played another recorded show and when that was done the paused show came up again and started playing.

#7 OFFLINE   ISWIZ

ISWIZ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:32 AM

Yeah it does that to me all the time. I hate it, I wish it brought you too a blank screen like the UTV did. I hate finishing a recorded program only to be dumped into the live buffer and see the middle of one of the two shows that i'm recording.

Last night I had something even wierder happen. I paused a show that was recorded and then watched another recorded show. When I was done watching that show the one I had pause came up instead of live tv and started playing. Weird. So I played another recorded show and when that was done the paused show came up again and started playing.

You have to love the enhancements:D
Dave

DTV HR22-100 (Primary)
DTV R16-300 (Secondary)

DTV R16-300

#8 OFFLINE   monkcee

monkcee

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:36 AM

You have to love the enhancements:D

That's not new, 109A had it...it's kinda cool though.

#9 OFFLINE   cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:02 AM

That's not new, 109A had it...it's kinda cool though.

Yes and no. Depends if I wanted to start watching it or not :D

spam firewall