Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bottom line on self-installed 622

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   EyeInTheSky

EyeInTheSky

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

It seems most people are getting theirs installed by someone else. I have always installed my own equipment, and plan on doing the 622, which I bought outright from a dealer (still on a waiting list).

What is the bottom line when calling to activate besides calling tech support for HD? Will the CSR accept a self installed 622, and activate it?

I currently have a leased 811, with a Dish 500 pointing to 110 and 119, and a Dish 300 pointing to 145 (to be moved to 129 as needed).

I would welcome any advice.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   leemathre

leemathre

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:17 PM

I installed my own and had no problem getting it activated. The entire process took less that an hour. I did, however, already have all of my antennae and switches in place and just had to connect the separator to the line and the 622.
4 Dish ViP 622's; Dish1000+ =110/118.7/119/129; DPP44 X 2; Four DPP Separators

#3 OFFLINE   Boomer27

Boomer27

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:22 PM

It seems most people are getting theirs installed by someone else. I have always installed my own equipment, and plan on doing the 622, which I bought outright from a dealer (still on a waiting list).

What is the bottom line when calling to activate besides calling tech support for HD? Will the CSR accept a self installed 622, and activate it?

I currently have a leased 811, with a Dish 500 pointing to 110 and 119, and a Dish 300 pointing to 145 (to be moved to 129 as needed).

I would welcome any advice.

Thanks

I installed my own and was told by Dish that I had to have it done by one of their installers . I reinstalled it before the tech showed up and he blessed it and called Dish to activate. I think if you get the right person on the phone they'll do it. Good luck..

#4 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:27 PM

I asked about this, and was told they would activate it no problem, but to do so, they have to close the work order, thereby cancelling the installer visit. In my case, that means they won't bring (or send) the 311 receiver for my spare bedroom. (I actually have a 311 in there now, but I will have to return it because my current account is with SBC, and mt new account is just Dish). Seems dumb to rip out a receiver and replace it with an identical model just because they can't reconcile the two account numbers.

#5 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:26 PM

I installed my own and did not have any problems getting it activated. I choose HD receiver from the DISH menu option and the CSR I got was very knowledgable. She even noticed that I had Sky Angel on my account and she said "I see you have a dish for 61.5. You can get all our HD channels from that satellite". I told her I wanted to remove my DishPlayer 7100 from the account and she did that first before she activated my ViP622. She kept me informed every step of the way. The whole experience was the way things are suppose to go. It sure looks like DISH is doing a much better job of training their CSRs on the new equipment. I remember what a fit I had getting my 721 activated several years ago. It took three calls to get everything working properly. Before I got off the phone on my ViP622 activation she checked to make sure I had all my channels and that everything was working properly.
Bill R

#6 OFFLINE   rmrm

rmrm

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:38 AM

I installed my own and did not have any problems getting it activated. I choose HD receiver from the DISH menu option and the CSR I got was very knowledgable. She even noticed that I had Sky Angel on my account and she said "I see you have a dish for 61.5. You can get all our HD channels from that satellite". I told her I wanted to remove my DishPlayer 7100 from the account and she did that first before she activated my ViP622. She kept me informed every step of the way. The whole experience was the way things are suppose to go. It sure looks like DISH is doing a much better job of training their CSRs on the new equipment. I remember what a fit I had getting my 721 activated several years ago. It took three calls to get everything working properly. Before I got off the phone on my ViP622 activation she checked to make sure I had all my channels and that everything was working properly.

There is a activation HOTLINE number. My installer told me. Am I allowed to post in here??:eek2:

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,762 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:42 AM

Please call the number on your screen when you get to the activation point.
Make SURE you tell them that you are activating a HD receiver ... they will get you to the right place.

#8 OFFLINE   TOAST

TOAST

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

I need to finsh my install, as the installer did not bring the right lbn. Also left me with a mess of lines just cut and all his trash. as far as activating that was the easy part, I only have my 110-119 now(no 61.5 cause no lnb for 2ed dish) but 622 working fine but missing HD, Dish UPS out new lnb for me to install and is sending tech (not same installer) to ck all.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...