Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20 Not Detecting Sat 95

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jsmith44

jsmith44

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:46 AM

Hey Guys I just got the H20 HD reciever from Directv, I have to sats currently connected to the reciver 101 and 95. Unfortunately the reciever refuses to pick up 95 after several guided set ups, where as my other r15 and h10 are picking up sat 95 just fine. On my other recievers when this happened I just did Auto Detect info, however I was told by Directv CSRs that H20 does not have this feature. If somebody could help me out as to how the reciever can detect sat 95 I would really appreciate it, there is a New Zealand West Indies cricket match tomorrow that I am really looking forward too.

Thanks in advance
Johnnie

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Claus

Claus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:15 AM

I have seen H10 with problem like this. I had to disconnect all receivers from multiswitch except for H10 and then do auto detect. If you have other receivers connected, try this.
Claus

#3 OFFLINE   jsmith44

jsmith44

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:56 AM

I have seen H10 with problem like this. I had to disconnect all receivers from multiswitch except for H10 and then do auto detect. If you have other receivers connected, try this.
Claus

Thanks for the reply, but H20 does not have auto detec info option, do you mean i should disconnect all the recievers and go through the guided setup again?

Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   Claus

Claus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the reply, but H20 does not have auto detec info option, do you mean i should disconnect all the recievers and go through the guided setup again?

Thanks

Yes, try it.
Claus

#5 OFFLINE   jsmith44

jsmith44

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:49 AM

Yes, try it.
Claus

Hey Claus, I needed to install a 6X8 switch to fix the problem. I had a 4X4 switch, that was the problem. thanks for your help.

spam firewall