Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

921 problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lmcdonald50

Lmcdonald50

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:31 AM

Is any one having a problem with their 921 TV guide program information showing 2 days out instead of the 9 day schedule. I have contacted DISH about this issue 4 times and they can't help me. I cannot set my favorite shows to be recorded during the week unless I am home to do it on tha day.. Any ideas?:( ::nono2:

I am also looking to buy the 522, but DISH says I can only pruchase 1 from them. I have three 921's. Any place selling them at a reasonable price?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:59 AM

Is any one having a problem with their 921 TV guide program information showing 2 days out instead of the 9 day schedule. I have contacted DISH about this issue 4 times and they can't help me. I cannot set my favorite shows to be recorded during the week unless I am home to do it on tha day.. Any ideas?:( ::nono2:

I am also looking to buy the 522, but DISH says I can only pruchase 1 from them. I have three 921's. Any place selling them at a reasonable price?

Not to be a wise guy, but upgrade to a 622 when they become available on 4/1/06 for $99 after $200 rebate. The 921 will probably continue to have some problems for as long as you keep using it. This unit is no longer a priority to Dish. The guide problem you are experiencing will eventually be fixed by Dish at some point. There is nothing you can do to correct this. It seems like all 921 users are experiencing the same problem at this time.
As far as Dish CSR's go, your lucky you found this site. I'll leave it at that. As an early 921 adapter, this site has been invaluable.
I just purchased a new 625 to replace my bug ridden 721 on ebay. It works great. NBR is great. I got what I thought was a good deal. I won the bid for $206.00. I ended up paying $227.00 total which included shipping and insurance. That's about $100.+ cheaper than the average retailer. If your interested in a ebay seller recommendation send me a private message.
EAGLES

#3 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:47 AM

This looks like a duplicate post.

#4 OFFLINE   Lmcdonald50

Lmcdonald50

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:28 PM

Not to be a wise guy, but upgrade to a 622 when they become available on 4/1/06 for $99 after $200 rebate. The 921 will probably continue to have some problems for as long as you keep using it. This unit is no longer a priority to Dish. The guide problem you are experiencing will eventually be fixed by Dish at some point. There is nothing you can do to correct this. It seems like all 921 users are experiencing the same problem at this time.
As far as Dish CSR's go, your lucky you found this site. I'll leave it at that. As an early 921 adapter, this site has been invaluable.
I just purchased a new 625 to replace my bug ridden 721 on ebay. It works great. NBR is great. I got what I thought was a good deal. I won the bid for $206.00. I ended up paying $227.00 total which included shipping and insurance. That's about $100.+ cheaper than the average retailer. If your interested in a ebay seller recommendation send me a private message.

Thanks for the update. I have 3 921's and are looking to replacethem ,but Dish said they will only give a deal on one of them. So far 1 of my 921 's is still working correctly.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...