Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Complete wipe code ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:31 PM

Does anyone remember the code to completly wipe EVERYTHING from the R-15 ?

I am toying with the idea of doing that then starting from scratch to see what happens. I really hate to do this as I have 50 SL's and would have to make them all again especially if nothing is any better.

Anyone else thought about doing this or think it might help ?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

You can actually go through a menu option, in the Settings... To Reset everything.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

Are you referring to:

"Press the Red Reset and then during the reboot process, when the screen goes from BLUE to BLACK hold the DOWN ARROW and RECORD for 5 seconds" process?

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,909 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

Are you referring to:

"Press the Red Reset and then during the reboot process, when the screen goes from BLUE to BLACK hold the DOWN ARROW and RECORD for 5 seconds" process?

That's it, but be forewarned it will erase everything you have recorded.

Carl

#5 OFFLINE   ISWIZ

ISWIZ

Icon

• Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:45 PM

Knowing the way this thing is working, it will probably leave all the ones you didn't record, recorded. It's another ENHANCEMENT:lol:
Dave

DTV HR22-100 (Primary)
DTV R16-300 (Secondary)

DTV R16-300
(Gathering dust in a closet)

#6 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

Am I detecting a tad more sarcasm here? Humm!

#7 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

From what I was just told... resetting the entire box.. isn't going to fix much with yoru series links.

So to save you the frustration, it is recommended that you don't reset it and put them back in... but to hold until the next software release.

I know from ME trying to load 50 Series Links, it takes time. So if you don't have to do it......
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   ISWIZ

ISWIZ

Icon

• Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:51 AM

Am I detecting a tad more sarcasm here? Humm!

You reckon? :rolleyes:

As I started out on here trying to convince folks this is a good box and DTV was doing it's darnedest to make it better just give it time.

Well that was November, the snows have come and gone as have the upgrades, Now spring is just around the corner.

It's almost time for the class to give their 1st quarter grades on this DTV box.

As the Principal and School Superintendents are reading our notes I hope all will join in the grading process so that they will know exactly how the class feels about their product.

Coming the evening of March 1 on this very forum!;)
Dave

DTV HR22-100 (Primary)
DTV R16-300 (Secondary)

DTV R16-300
(Gathering dust in a closet)

#9 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:04 AM

I did not do the reset. I was just looking for something that might help as my R-15 seems worse than so many here.

#10 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,909 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

I did not do the reset. I was just looking for something that might help as my R-15 seems worse than so many here.

I did this reset once on one of my two R15's. It had gotten pretty screwed up, I think as a result of SL and manual recording issues, although I have never had more than maybe 10 SL's max, usually only 3 or 4.

Doing this did clear my problems.

Like others, I do think that a lot of the R15 problems are related to series link settings, AND I think that deleting recording requests does not always properly clear all the settings/flags/whatever that are related to those links. I believe that over time, these "loose ends" accumulate and cause the R15 problems. The clear and delete takes care of those.

I don't think it is simply a matter of how many SL's, but is also related to SL deletions or changes.

So a clear and delete may very well help you. And when you set them back up, try to do so without removing any.

Carl

Protected By... spam firewall...And...