Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Two HD sets on one 622?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lifterguy

lifterguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:07 PM

I've seen discussed here the possibility of simultaneously running two HD sets off of the TV1 output for the 622 - one connected to the HDMI output and the other connected to the component output. Has anyone here actually done this with the 622 or with any other Dish Network box? (I think it might be possible with the 811using the component and DVI outputs.) If you have done it, which type of cable did you run to the TV farthest from the receiver, and how long is the cable run?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lance500

lance500

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:24 PM

Yes I have been doing this for months with the Dish 811, it works great. We should be able to do it with the 622 as well, as both hd outputs are hot at the same time. I will not have my 622 installed till March 24.

The DVI feeds my downstairs TV and the component feeds the upstairs tv

I used a 5 wire 25 ft component/rca cable from monoprice.com, I can't post the url yet this is my first post, it is product ID 322

#3 OFFLINE   jimb

jimb

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the info

#4 OFFLINE   lifterguy

lifterguy

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for the info Lance500. That confirms what I suspected. My 622 is supposed to be installed in 2 weeks. I don't have the 2nd HDTV yet, but I've been thinking about getting one for my family room. Your setup also confirms info I've seen elsewhere suggesting the component output is better suited for long runs than the DVI output. I think I will need 50-to-75 feet to get from my living room to my family room. I've seen component cables in 50ft and 100ft lengths - I'm not sure how much that distance woud degrade the signal, but I may eventually give it a try.

#5 OFFLINE   nataraj

nataraj

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:59 AM

But the problem is, how do you install the component cable .... I wish I could use either RG6 or Cat5, which is already in the structured cabling I have.

I checked component through cat5 - looks like the signal would be heavily degraded.

#6 OFFLINE   DP1

DP1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:13 PM

But the problem is, how do you install the component cable .... I wish I could use either RG6 or Cat5, which is already in the structured cabling I have.

I checked component through cat5 - looks like the signal would be heavily degraded.

I take you mean just one run of RG6? Because you can use RG6 with the proper connectors on the end as component cables. But obviously you need 3 runs. ;)

#7 OFFLINE   nataraj

nataraj

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

I take you mean just one run of RG6? Because you can use RG6 with the proper connectors on the end as component cables. But obviously you need 3 runs. ;)

Ofcourse ... I've only two runs of rg6 (one to get the sat signal to receiver).

Dish should implement DLNA and start using the ethernet port on 622.

#8 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:02 PM

The DVI feeds my downstairs TV and the component feeds the upstairs tv

So, I'm thinkin' the 622 is downstairs.:grin:

#9 OFFLINE   65notch

65notch

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

I just purchased a Samsung 17" 730MW LCD monitor w/ a TV tuner and HDReady for the bedroom...very nice unit btw for the great price I got it at. And a backup monitor if there ever be a need.

So I was taking a look at the it's HD picture vs. my PT53WX54 at the same time. I switched up both signals via the HDMI->DVI cable and component cables. W/ the Samsung my component cables looked better, but w/ my RPTV the HDMI looks a tad better. But I am planning on doing what you are doing, if I can't find a reasonable 25ft HDMI cable then I'll buy or make some longer component cables. Everything I've read/heard seems like a length no great than 25 ft, should be okay for component cables.

Good luck.

#10 OFFLINE   sendy

sendy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:51 PM

THE REAL QUESTION IS...
IF YOU CAN WATCH SOMETHING ON TV1 HDMI AND ANOTHER SHOW ON TV2 COMPONENT...:rolleyes: :confused:

#11 OFFLINE   liferules

liferules

Godfather

• Registered
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

THE REAL QUESTION IS...
IF YOU CAN WATCH SOMETHING ON TV1 HDMI AND ANOTHER SHOW ON TV2 COMPONENT...:rolleyes: :confused:

The REAL answer is no. To the best of my knowledge, HDMI and component will show the same show... I personally haven't heard anyone on this forum doing so yet so it is all speculation but makes sense...

#12 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:10 AM

Sure, they will always show the same content. They are both TV1 output.

spam firewall