Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can I install My DirecTV in my Room

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Goleo

Goleo

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:00 PM

Hi a need some help last week I make a contract with DirecTV but the problem is the I live in a apartment and they don’t want any dish in the roof , and I don’t have any patio or balcony. SO I call the Fcc and they tell me to buy a Tripod, but my question is, if I buy a tripod can I install my Directv in my Room? Can someone help me, Thank you

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ScoB

ScoB

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

Hi a need some help last week I make a contract with DirecTV but the problem is the I live in a apartment and they don’t want any dish in the roof , and I don’t have any patio or balcony. SO I call the Fcc and they tell me to buy a Tripod, but my question is, if I buy a tripod can I install my Directv in my Room? Can someone help me, Thank you

If you can get the dish a clear view of the satellites, it can be inside. Do you know if you have windows facing south?

#3 OFFLINE   chewey

chewey

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:20 PM

Thats the best advice the FCC coud give? A tripod would only make sense if you had a deck. Call the FCC back and explain your situation a little better. The apartments need to allow you some way to mount the dish, either on the roof o the side of the building.

#4 OFFLINE   Goleo

Goleo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

If you can get the dish a clear view of the satellites, it can be inside. Do you know if you have windows facing south?

Yes, what about if a buy a satellite window mount do this work? This thing is not going to do any damage to the apartment but you thing it can be a problem? They are like 2 families that they have Directv install it in the roof and I ask them if they get permission and they tell me Yes, can I tell that to the FCC?

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

YOu have to work it out with your landlord....Your landlord can deny you putting your dish in any common areas, only whats considered part of your apt.....if where you live doesnt work for Directv, then you may not be able to get it. The FCC cant force anyone to let you have it, only if your landlord is denying you the right to put it up on your part of the building, not a common area.....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...