Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fill me Direct TV Fans im Changing from Comcast to Direct TV NEXTWEEK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Muslenutz

Muslenutz

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

I have made the decision to subscribe to Direct TV and not transfer comcast to the house I am moving into to. I am getting an HR10-250, what am I getting into that I might not know?

Any issues?

Should I wait to buy certain equipment?

Basically I need all my newbie questions answered, but can anyone help with the above or redirect me to any other sites?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:01 PM

You will never for a second regret your decision to move up to DirecTV from cable.

Somebody up there loves you.

#3 OFFLINE   SBacklin

SBacklin

Legend

• Registered
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

........Somebody up there loves you.

yeah......Rupert Murdoch :lol:

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:30 PM

Take an hour or so and read through the various threads on the DirecTV forums here. You will find much information.

Once you have done that, it may be easier to come back with any specific questions you have than for us to guess at what we should tell you. Post in the appropriate forum section (general, hi-def, etc.) that is most appropriate for your question.

Welcome aboard.

Carl

#5 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:35 PM

Have you already bought your stuff or have you just made the decision? After Wednesday you cannot own DTV equipment. Lease only.

Well, never say never, but you'll have to pay a butt load more to own it.

How many rooms? HD/SD? DVR? How many of each.

#6 OFFLINE   FavreJL04

FavreJL04

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:23 PM

Have you already bought your stuff or have you just made the decision? After Wednesday you cannot own DTV equipment. Lease only.

Well, never say never, but you'll have to pay a butt load more to own it.

How many rooms? HD/SD? DVR? How many of each.

I guess i signed up just in time then. I ordered on Thursday last week and I am scheduled to have it installed on Tuesday this week (Feb 28).

#7 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

I guess i signed up just in time then. I ordered on Thursday last week and I am scheduled to have it installed on Tuesday this week (Feb 28).

So hey, don't keep us in the dark. What ya gettin? Many here can make sure the installer doesn't leave before getting you everything you truly need?

HR10-250??? Hu? Cool
What dish?
How many DVRs?

Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:

#8 OFFLINE   FavreJL04

FavreJL04

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:05 PM

So hey, don't keep us in the dark. What ya gettin? Many here can make sure the installer doesn't leave before getting you everything you truly need?

HR10-250??? Hu? Cool
What dish?
How many DVRs?

Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:

I am just going for simple and basic right now. I don't have a lot of cash to spend monthly. Ideally I would have two DVRs and two basic receivers, but due to cash restrictions and no phone line (can't afford one) I will very happily settle for a 3-room basic setup on the Total Choice Plus package. That will take care of the living room, bedroom, and my little girls's room when she is here. No locals here either in Marquette, MI market #190. I will get the Triple LNB dish though by request just to keep a few options open in the future.

Just a simple and basic setup, but a lot better than having only small town CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS since May of 2005. I look forward to having more channels that I can keep track of.

Anybody know how I can get my hands on a WB and UPN in these desolate parts where OTA and cable have none? Gotta see my "Charmed" girls. ;) :grin:

spam firewall