Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dolby Digital problems on hd voom channels

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ezestuff

ezestuff

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

Has anyone else had any problems with dd on some of the new hd package channels? I was watching equator hd last night and my reciever(denon 2805)said dd was locked in, but the center channel dialog was coming out of the front and rear left channels, along with the center. Odd thing was, when it went to commercial, dd worked perfect! Works perfect on hbo also and all the other original hd channels.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

Might be a content or encoding problem at the source. Specially if things went good when it hit a commercial. I have seen issues with Equator in the past. What was the program. I will see if I see anything on my 921 or 811 next time it is on.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   ezestuff

ezestuff

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:09 PM

I'm not sure what the program was called... it was about brown bears

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

I have seen that one. The bears in Japan. Think it is called something like Kamuy or something like that. Come to think of it.. I have seen it on the 811 previously and did notice some low volume issues on the center channel. I came to the conclusion it was content based.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#5 OFFLINE   ezestuff

ezestuff

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:34 PM

just spoke to a dish csr...he said it had to do with the signal being provided to them...he said that they have had this issue before with the voom guys providing a dd signal that was not up to par and he was going to notify the engineers...

#6 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

Well glad to hear I came to the right conclusion. ;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...