Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

hd question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nysatguy

nysatguy

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:49 AM

i have recently gotten a 942 and love it. now i see Dish fianlly has my locals in HD in addition to the other hd channels. so if i wanted to get like the bronze package with hd locals can i do that with my 942 or do i now have to get that new hd receiver i see on their site. i hope not cause that would just be a scam, i just spent 250 on my 942 and don't want to switch again. Any sugggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:12 AM

Unfortunately you will need a ViP 622 to get your HD locals. If you recently purchased your unit I would go back to the person who sold it to you and work it out with them.
Neil Derryberry, WD4NET
neil dot derryberry at gmail dot com

#3 OFFLINE   ken310

ken310

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:30 PM

If you recently purchased your unit I would go back to the person who sold it to you and work it out with them.

Thankfully I've only heard this once, from an advanced tech at e* and it seems like the wrongest thing I've heard yet about the 942.

My local Dish dealer where I recently bought my 942 is more in the dark then I am about what's going on with the 942. In fact after I spoke to him last He asked me if I would keep him updated on the 942/921 issues.

Local dealers pay/paid at the end of the 942's run $602 each for them, those that bought in quantity may have paid less for them? Now add tax and that's exactly what I paid for mine, $644.14. I didn't realize it at first and they (my local dealer) didn't tell me this but they actually lost money on the sale since their tech had to take the time to upgrade the software and set the receiver up. They had to pay that tech.

Once it's activated by e* the dealer is out of it completely and it's a contract between e* and the customer. Dealers have to do what e* dictates as is in their contract to be a Dish dealer. Once a receiver is activated by a customer through e* it's theirs and can't be returned 5 minutes later, period! That's e* not the dealer.

I don't know if a new customer has a time frame like cell phones etc. (10 to 30 days) where they might could return one but not existing customers.

spam firewall