Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD connecting ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:11 PM

I have a HDTV that has a DVI and a Component connection, 3 RCA and 2 Ant-In connections. I have my DVD player connected to the Component and the D* H10-250 to the DVI I also have another HDTV box I want to connect is there anyway to connect it to the TV and get HD?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

You would need to get a component or DVI/HDMI switch box.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   redskin9

redskin9

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

I have a HDTV that has a DVI and a Component connection, 3 RCA and 2 Ant-In connections. I have my DVD player connected to the Component and the D* H10-250 to the DVI I also have another HDTV box I want to connect is there anyway to connect it to the TV and get HD?

Ck out www.monoprice.com. They have a 2 and 5 port HDMI switcher available. I personally have the 2 port with their economical 3 ft HDMI cables and haven't had any complaints about the video quality.

#4 OFFLINE   dsanbo

dsanbo

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:24 PM

Ck out www.monoprice.com. They have a 2 and 5 port HDMI switcher available. I personally have the 2 port with their economical 3 ft HDMI cables and haven't had any complaints about the video quality.

There MAY be a SLIGHT wait on the 5-port HDMI switch....A shipment was due in this week, I believe....with more coming around the 15th, if I understood Sean's response in another thread correctly.....(BTW, IMHO....It's worth the short wait, if a 5-port is what you're looking for....;) )Good luck!

#5 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

I just installed the new 5-port HDMI switch from monoprice. So far so good. As the previous post stated, a second shipment coming in mid march. Agreed, well worth the wait.
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

#6 OFFLINE   Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:32 PM

I got a Manual Component Cable 5 port switch box for 40 bucks, Couldn't find a Remote one. and didn't need a HDMI since my TV dosen't have that just the DVI and 2 Component.

#7 OFFLINE   DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

I got a component four port switch box from Radio Shack for I think $50.00... don't remember. I have my component DVD player and RCA tube HDTV plugged into it via the H20. Manually or remotely controlled.

Dave

spam firewall