Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Some info on the HEARTS Program...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lee1203

lee1203

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

here is what it is:
the HEARTS program is to help CSR know how good of a sub you are without going Thru all of your DIRECTV history.

you can call and ask how may HEARTS you have, I have 3 HEARTS so I am a "average" sub so they may not go out of there way to keep me if I call retention.

oh and you can call any CSR and they will let you know how may HEARTS you have.

it is based on length of service. pay history..etc...

most amount of Hearts a sub can get is 5.

and how do I know all of this I ASKED.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ajseagles3

ajseagles3

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

I've been a subscriber for 2 weeks, and I've already called 4-5 times and had them replace my DVR. If there's such a thing as 0 hearts, that's me.

#3 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:39 PM

No, "Heartless" is the term. ;)

#4 OFFLINE   lee1203

lee1203

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

I've been a subscriber for 2 weeks, and I've already called 4-5 times and had them replace my DVR. If there's such a thing as 0 hearts, that's me.

there are no 0 hearts as far has I know new subs start off with 1 :heart:

can I ask what was wrong with the DVR?

#5 OFFLINE   directvfreak

directvfreak

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

can you check how many hearts you have online?

#6 OFFLINE   lee1203

lee1203

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:56 PM

can you check how many hearts you have online?

No, you have to call DIRECTV.

#7 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:09 PM

I don't think I really care enough to call to ask. But, I have always though a program such as this would be a very helpful reminder to the CSR folks -- unless they have a problem with their employer.

"Oooo, five hearts and I'm quitting this week anyway. I'm going to mess with this one..."
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#8 OFFLINE   dcmustang00

dcmustang00

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:49 PM

The hearts are stupid and have no affect how CSRs treat the customer on the phone.

:)

#9 OFFLINE   mkmhr

mkmhr

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

The hearts are stupid and have no affect how CSRs treat the customer on the phone.

:)

I beg to differ, I would assume that there would be a slight difference between, 1: Joe Smith with one heart, $180.00 in past due and 50 ppv's not reported yet he calls to complain that he has defective equipment and demands replacement equipment because he use to be able to order with the remote, (untill his limit is reached) and is completely incapable of understanding the logic involved, (like the fact that he still has not paid for 1 ppv:rolleyes: )
And person number 2, John Smith whom has 3-5 hearts, pays his bills promptly and has a faulty phone cord inhibitting his remote ppv feature from working. And this phone cord is identified through checking the posible causes of this because Mr. Smith understands what is spoken to him and that this is not an apoctolyptic event focused just at him. Yes it is frustrating when your equipment is not performing certain features it is capable of though the sun still rises and no matter how many hearts the acount might have, there can't be any difference in the manner of how the call is handled, it simply means that if your a slacker, you might not want to sit and gripe about the type of service you receive, whilst Joe up above is actually the one who has not kept up with his parts of the bargain. But all in all, mabye your right, no difference.:sure:

#10 OFFLINE   alorarosalyn

alorarosalyn

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

Here is what the Hearts program is, coming from someone who knows. You either have 1, 3 or 5. One heart customers have to pay for upgrades upfront. 3-5 hearts can have it billed to their dtv account. The hearts are also a guideline when it comes to giving discretionary credits.

spam firewall