Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

OTA playback problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dojoman

dojoman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:10 AM

I had OTA recording of Lost from yesterday. I watched it for about 10 mins and then switch to another live channels, but when I go back to the recording and hit resume the show didn't resume back from where I left off, it had jumped ahead to about 5 mins into the show. Even when I rewind back and hit play it always jump back to the same spot. I tried that a few times and same result. Anyone experience that? It seems to only happen on Lost. I recorded another OTA program and tested it but no problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   zephyr

zephyr

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

If there were OTA reception problems and the signal was lost (no pun), the recording would skip ahead to where the signal was re-acquired. Typically this also shows some breakup/pixellation just before the signal goes. I have had this often on the local CBS station, where reception is weak.

#3 OFFLINE   dojoman

dojoman

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:21 AM

No, the reception was good. I had no pixellation or black out. It seems to be a bug but I don't understand why it happened only on Lost. Could it be ABC put somekind of anti skip DVR DRM?

spam firewall