Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Possible 9-day guide work-around

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Larry Caldwell

Larry Caldwell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

This worked once for me, last night. I haven't had a chance to test it. Give it a try.

I had a power outage because of a wind storm, and my guide came up as a 1-hour guide. I didn't have any timers set to fire, so I rebooted. When the system came back up, it was still a 1-hour guide with the "no information" message on everything else. I hit the right arrow to move about 3 hours out, and was sitting there staring at the screen and scratching my head, when the guide repopulated and the "no information" messages disappeared. I decided to try again, so I went to the end of the guide, about 36 hours out, and sat on it for a while longer. SHAZAM! After a few minutes the full 9-day guide was back!.

This is voodoo electronics, and maybe it would help to barbecue a chicken, but hey, it worked once.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

This worked once for me, last night. I haven't had a chance to test it. Give it a try.

so I went to the end of the guide, about 36 hours out, and sat on it for a while longer. SHAZAM! After a few minutes the full 9-day guide was back!.

This is voodoo electronics, and maybe it would help to barbecue a chicken, but hey, it worked once.

Voodoo for sure. It worked for me. Shazam! 9 day guide again after about five minute wait.:eek2:

#3 OFFLINE   David_Levin

David_Levin

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

But, I've only seen the "no information" a few times. Usually it just won't scroll beyond Midnight Tomorrow.
Bye Bye 921
Now playing with 2x 622s.

#4 OFFLINE   eclipsetrb

eclipsetrb

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:55 PM

And what u have is what I got sitting in my basement a crappy dish 1000 with a dvr and hd built in. The wholle point of paying now $6 a month is we dont need to do silly stuff like this.

#5 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:33 PM

SHAZAM! The problem is being caused by cosmic rays and solar flares. I predict that when we get past the storms, the guide will return to normal. Gomer P. told me this.:lol:

#6 OFFLINE   Larry Caldwell

Larry Caldwell

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:16 AM

SHAZAM! The problem is being caused by cosmic rays and solar flares. I predict that when we get past the storms, the guide will return to normal. Gomer P. told me this.:lol:

Completely off topic, but Gomer got the word from a 1940s and early '50s comic titled "Captain Marvel", published by Fawcett and not related to current Marvel Comics. Billy Batson, boy reporter for WHIZ radio, was given the power to turn into a superhero by an Egyptian sorcerer named Shazam. All he had to do was shout the sorcerer's name.

Don't forget to barbecue that chicken.

#7 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:35 AM

My 9 day guide was gone this morning. Back to two days, so I tried the "Caldwell Protocol" again and I guess my Shazam quit working. No 9 day guide magically appeared. Guess I need to find a chicken.
Brian

#8 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:40 AM

Completely off topic, but Gomer got the word from a 1940s and early '50s comic titled "Captain Marvel", published by Fawcett and not related to current Marvel Comics. Billy Batson, boy reporter for WHIZ radio, was given the power to turn into a superhero by an Egyptian sorcerer named Shazam. All he had to do was shout the sorcerer's name.

Don't forget to barbecue that chicken.

Larry,

I think that you are on topic. Yesterday after I posted SHAZAM!, I checked my 921 and the 9 day guide was back. :eek2: It only lasted a couple of hours.

John

#9 OFFLINE   Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:33 AM

Yesterday morning at 6;30am I had the 2 day guide. At 7:30 it was the 9 day and still there last night. :) This morning, back to the 2 day guide. :mad:

I tried the Shazam trick for 50 minutes, no luck.
A brief history of time: BANG!!!!! Expand. Expand faster. Forever. The End (With apologies to Hawking)

#10 OFFLINE   UTFAN

UTFAN

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

Think I'll go home, take a little nap, then try this on my 921. Yep.... that's the plan, go home, take a little nap then try it on my 921. That's the plan alright......

-Barne

#11 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

Think I'll go home, take a little nap, then try this on my 921. Yep.... that's the plan, go home, take a little nap then try it on my 921. That's the plan alright......

-Barne

Let us know how it works for you. :)

#12 OFFLINE   David_Levin

David_Levin

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:01 PM

I don't know. I thinking I need to get Lisa Bonet to dance around mostly naked a bleed a chicken over the 921. Yea, that'll do it.

Well, it's hard on the carpet. But, after that I'll probably be thinking about something else besides my EPG.
Bye Bye 921
Now playing with 2x 622s.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...