Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

E* says I can't get HD locals over Sat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   grandpaken

grandpaken

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

I've had the D* H20 for about a week now watching my Tampa HD locals. So...I get a phone call last night from the E* customer retention rep trying to talk me into switching back to Dish. He guaranteed me that D* put an antenna up on my roof and that I'm really getting the HD locals over the antenna and not the satellite. He said they would give me all new HD equipment and a big antenna if I switch back. Now...I've had a CM4228 and preamp for about a year and can get CBS most of the time and on a good day, if the clouds are in the right place, can get FOX and ABC to fade in and out once in awhile.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

Good Luck With That !!

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,718 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

He guaranteed me that D* put an antenna up on my roof and that I'm really getting the HD locals over the antenna and not the satellite.

Many a battle has been lost because of basic ignorance. Going the other direction, I heard an installer the other day saying that E* didn't offer HD locals. As of today, they officially offer 12 markets of HD locals.

If there weren't any ignorant people, we'd have little to talk about.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...