Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blackouts on Exhibition Baseball games????

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

Eric is there a contact you can contact regarding blackouts on pre-season baseballs games on D*. Theyve always been blackout free but I was told by a supervisor regarding a possible change of policy. Im a bit leery of that explaination though.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The_Geyser

The_Geyser

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

I called today and got the same answer. I've watched them for years.

#3 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:36 AM

Thank Bud Selig. Blackouts are the league's call.

#4 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:07 AM

Here's a better question - there was a replay of a WhiteSox game from last season on CSN Chicago a few weeks ago that was blacked out. LAST YEAR! What purpose does it serve to black that game out? Am I going to go back in time to buy a ticket and watch the game live?

#5 OFFLINE   Pete K.

Pete K.

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:24 AM

You and H.G. Wells!

#6 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:09 AM

Here's a better question - there was a replay of a WhiteSox game from last season on CSN Chicago a few weeks ago that was blacked out. LAST YEAR! What purpose does it serve to black that game out? Am I going to go back in time to buy a ticket and watch the game live?

I know and that was funny. Because Id been watching Yankee Classics and Red Sox Classics all winter. I had heard though where CSN Chicago actually said those games would be blacked out outside Chicago. (Presumably to protect the cash cow that was World Series 2005 and WHAT is still growing). :D
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#7 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:15 AM

Exhibition Games are once again in the clear. No explaination on what happened the first day.
Dan Sholtis

#8 OFFLINE   myselfalso

myselfalso

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:20 AM

I can't get exhibition games on YES. I'm in Harrisburg, PA
I have been a DirecTV subscriber since 2005.

A few channels I'd still like to see DirecTV add are:
CSPAN3, the PAC-12 Network(s), BBC World and more international news channels.

#9 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

Dunno what to tell you....The Yankees game on YES yesterday was in the clear for me in Ohio.
Dan Sholtis

#10 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

Here's a better question - there was a replay of a WhiteSox game from last season on CSN Chicago a few weeks ago that was blacked out.

Its over-dependence on computers.

The computer automatically applies the blackout matrix to any programming labelled "Major League Baseball" on any RSN. If the list were reviewed by hand, or if the people entering the schedule at CSN had labeled it "Classic White Sox" or anything else but "Major League Baseball" it would not have been blacked out.

#11 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,423 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

Got the Red Sox/Pittsburg game this afternoon on NESN.

#12 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 666 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

Twins game is blacked out on FSN North right now...this whole thing makes no sense.

#13 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,423 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

Twins game is blacked out on FSN North right now...this whole thing makes no sense.

Looks like someone goofed again.

#14 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 666 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:22 PM

I'm on hold right now after I was just disconnected before I even got to talk to a rep...

#15 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:35 PM

Consider yourselves lucky ... on Dish all of the OOM exhibition games blacked out so far. :(

#16 OFFLINE   Pete K.

Pete K.

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:21 AM

Not all. I caught a couple of NESN games in the clear. I'm 1,000 miles from Boston.

#17 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,423 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:34 AM

I have watched several of them on D*, but that Twins game was the first one I have seen blacked out.

#18 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 666 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

The guy I talked to (while very nice) was no help at all...he basically just said the league controls the blackouts. Since I could tell I was getting nowhere (and I wanted to watch Deal or no Deal and 24 anyway by that time), I left it at that.

spam firewall