Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transponders??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LeoGetz

LeoGetz

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

Can we tell the H20 what transponders to use or is it automatic? I ask because I too suffer from the audio lag and I want to use the transpoders with the highest signal....
www.alliedgovernment.org

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:32 PM

You might be misunderstanding how the system works...D* puts different channels on different transponders, your equipment just tunes to the transponder that the channel you want to watch is on, you have no control over what channel is on what transponder. The audio lag that you may be experiencing has absolutely nothing to do with what transponder a channel is on...if the channel is coming in with no breakup, it doesnt matter if you are getting a 100 signal or an 80 signal, or lower if you are using an H20. They read the signal strengths 15-20+ or so points lower than a regular receiver like a D11 for instance....Using component output and the optical audio connection to my Yamaha receiver I get zero audio lag on all HD channels I receive, my locals are not lit up yet though, so its only the national feeds on 70-79 I receive currently

#3 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:27 PM

The lag isn't due to low signal strength. The causes are still being worked out but SS isn't the issue. SS will have no effect on the audio or video until it gets so low that dropouts occur.

#4 OFFLINE   LeoGetz

LeoGetz

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:35 PM

Thanks guys....
www.alliedgovernment.org

spam firewall