Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hd tivo ota tuner problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

i have the hd tivo and for the last few days a couple of my ota local hd channels 7-1 wsvn and 10-1 wplg have been acting funny on my ota tuners. tuner 1 picks up those channels at about 7-10 points higher than tuner 2. and since the signal strengths are in the upper 60's and 70's this can sometimes make a big difference with dropouts. on the other digital channels nbc, fox, wb, upn both tuners have almost exactly the same signal strength give or take 1 point.

7-1 and 10-1.... the channels the big difference are on...just also happen to be vhf also....frequencies 8 and 9. never had this problem before though before a few days ago. vhf cause this problem?

anyone else ever notice significant signal differences on ota channels between the two tuners?

i also noticed when i was moving my wires around in back of the tv to make sure everything was hooked in tightly when i moved around my diplexor i lost that sat feed and ota feed from that diplexor...however all wires were screwed in tightly. could the difference in signal strenths on the ota tuners also be caused from a diplexor going bad?

this is very strange. let me know what u guys think

greg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thumperr

thumperr

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

It shouldn't be the diplexor. there is only one Antenna in on the HR10-250. the HR10-250 splits this internally.

I have noticed the same thing you described. in the signal strength meter, one of the OTA tuners shows a higher value than the other. i've also seen were one tuner shows signal and the other shows none. I've just quit, went to live tv, and came back in and it was gone.

#3 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

i just find it funny that it only happens on two of the channels and they both happen to be on vhf frequencies

all the other channels show a solid 90 and the two tuners on those channels only vary by like 1 point or so

greg

spam firewall