Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How do you stop a recording in progress

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

I can figger this out. If you try to delete it tells you it's in use. And I haven't found the stop recording button. :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

Press the Stop button on the remote.

#3 OFFLINE   Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

That doesn't work.

#4 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

There are a lot of times when you can't delete a recording, and other times when you can't stop a recording in progress with THAT remote. Even if you can get a recording to stop or the playback of an existing recording went to the end, it may still give you the in use. Not sure which you are running into though. If a recording is in progress, it shows which "TV" is being used to make that recording. You may need to actually use that remote to stop the recording. Even once a recording is completed, TV1 or TV2 (I guess I'm assuming you are in Dual mode here) may be in the process if playing that recording and that would prevent you from deleting a recording.

I don't have a 622, but if I select something and play it through at 300x, then Cancel when the recording is over, go back and select the same show from the list and pick Delete, it will say "In Use". If instead of deleting it, I Start Over, immediately hit Stop and then pick Delete, it will be gone. Having picked something can leave it "In Use", even if you've played it through to the end. Picking another show frees the 1st from being in use, as does stopping the playback and hitting Delete then. If I don't Delete immediately, I get "In Use" if I try to Delete it, unless I start it again, or actively start something else. Just "Info" of something else doesn't remove the silly "In Use" I get from running to the end of a show. A 622 might not do the same thing as my 942, but it can be the other TV really does have it "In Use" or the "In Use" I see from it being the last thing watched.

#5 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

The Stop button has always worked for me. I can not remember a single time it has failed. Maybe you have a more complex situation than I like trying to stop it from the wrong TV or something. Does your stop button always fail on both TVs and both remotes? Or does it work in some situtations but not others?

#6 OFFLINE   cclement

cclement

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

On the 942, just press the DVR button ( twice on the 622) and you'll see the list of recorded events, "Select" the event you want to stop, and then you'll see the option "Stop Recording" on the right. It should then stop recording.

#7 OFFLINE   Virus

Virus

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:49 AM

I had this problem. You must be running in dual mode and recording to tv2 (default). If you don't have a 2nd tv hooked up, run it in single mode. You can always use the tv2 remotes stop button. I haven't tried it while recording to tv1.

#8 OFFLINE   jimmino

jimmino

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:22 AM

I just had the same problem last night...recording the Oscar's...not knowing how long it would go..I started recording with the option to manual stop. But, when I tried to stop it ...it just kept right on recording. (I am in signel mode)...I had to reboot it to stop recording.

#9 OFFLINE   bluewolverine

bluewolverine

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

Bill Gates would be so proud ;)

#10 OFFLINE   nascar2005

nascar2005

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:23 PM

I can figger this out. If you try to delete it tells you it's in use. And I haven't found the stop recording button. :confused:

I just had my 622 installed yesterday and was playing with the DVR functions. In order to stop something that I was recording (stop button did not work), I had to go into the timers menu, find the event that was recording, and I was able to stop it there.

Seems like a pain and there should be an easier way.

#11 OFFLINE   Allen Noland

Allen Noland

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:48 PM

Press the DVR button twice, Hi-Light the recording and press select. Hi-light the stop button and press select.

Pressing the Stop button used to work with the 921, and it wasn't a good thing.
Allen

#12 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:35 PM

It may seem like a pain to go into the menu to stop a recording, but it stops you from inadvertantly stopping a recording by pressing the stop button accidentally, or pressing it to stop playback of another program.

#13 OFFLINE   cclement

cclement

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:46 PM

Pressing the Stop button used to work with the 921, and it wasn't a good thing.

I agree, it may seem like a pain doing it this way with the 942/622, but I stopped a few wrong shows on my 921 just hitting the stop button.

#14 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

Whether you press Stop on the remote or highlight the Stop Recording button in a menu, it still doesn't stop the recording if that recording was started on the "other" TV1/TV2 in Dual mode. I'm always in Dual mode and if something is recording on TV2 (the default, it doesn't have to be initiated there), selecting the item currently recording doesn't even show the Stop Rec. button on TV1 in the menu. If you start viewing the TV2 recording on TV1 and THEN select it from the top of My Recordings, you will get a Stop Rec. item to select. Selecting it won't do anything at all though - except take you back to the My Recordings page. In Dual mode, you have to stop the current recording with the remote for the "TV" that it is using to do the recording. I don't need to go into the menu to pick Stop Rec. if I'm using the "right" remote. Hitting Stop on the remote prompts with an "Are you sure?". There was a time when the remote Stop button flat out canceled the recording, but I think Red Dwarf can stop the recording with the Stop button on the remote or from the menu. He'll just have to use the other remote. If he's in Single mode, nothing I said may apply - I NEVER use Single mode.

This is 942 behavior in case it isn't the same on a 622.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...