Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I am about to throw my DirecTV system out the door!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lee1203

lee1203

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

TO start off look at this thread:http://www.satellite...ead.php?t=58057

Now one of my receiver it's getting 93% in 1 tuner and 63% and the system does not like that so NO Picture for you and on another 93% on both tuners but signal on TP 1 but not 2, 3 but not 4 etc and on the 3Rd receiver 93% on one tuner and 0% on the other, this is starting to piss ME OFF!!!!!!!!!

multiswitch has been replaced and the same for the LNB's the only thing that has not been replaced it the cables that come from the dish and I will have them replace ALL of it.
Edit/Delete Message

I called DIRECTV they have another tech coming out TUESDAY between 1 and 5!!!!!!!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,918 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:51 PM

Reading the other thread, and what you have stated in this posting, it does sound like people have pointed out the possibilities, as well as some tests you could do. I'm going to agree the strongest possibility is a bad connector someplace, probably between the dish and the multiswitch.

When the tech shows up, don't let him/her leave until you have verified that you are receiving the proper test banners on channels 490 through 494 on all of your receivers or dvr tuners. Each of those channels should give you a statement that says Sat, Odd or Even transponder, and either 13 or 18 V. If you only have a round dish, then you will only get the statement on channels 490 and 491 (not on 492 - 494).

Good luck.

Carl

#3 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

Losing all the even transponders, whcih it seems like is your problem, is usually related to bad cabling/bad lnb/bad multi-switch.....check for moisture in any connections....etc....

I just went through this with a good friend's new setup, techs were out 3 times, 1st time they replaced the cabling from teh grounding block to the 3x4 MS, worked for a day or so, 2nd time, they replaced the same wiring and the 3x4 MS, a few more days, finally had to replace the cabling fromt eh dish all the way to the3x4 MS, turned out the cabling formt eh dish to the grounding block on the side of the house had gotten wet, problably was damaged cable to begin with. My guess it was sitting in a warehouse in the New Orleans area, it already had water in it....

#4 OFFLINE   Texlonghorn

Texlonghorn

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:05 PM

like the other said have the tech check the fittings on all connections. From what I Hear that is the most common problem.

#5 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:12 PM

I had the EXACT situation just recently and it was a cable problem. One connector end came loose. I was going crazy and everything looked fine but you have to grab and tug a little on the ends.

#6 OFFLINE   junki

junki

Godfather

• Registered
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:48 PM

If your system was installed correctly the first time, you should never have a problem. Sounds like a problem from the install, relax it happens, have a service call done and the problem fixed. Then decide if its still making you mad.

#7 OFFLINE   lee1203

lee1203

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

OMG, this is bull S*** I just called DIRECTV and they say there is no service call for tomorrow the CSR did not even make the order!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

so the next call is for 2days from now.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#8 OFFLINE   TMullenJr

TMullenJr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

If I were in your shoes, I would do some more testing before DirecTV comes out. I would take two of the inputs off of the multiswitch, and run them directly to one of your receivers (using couplers).

Check your signal info on both tuners. If the results are different, swap the cables at the receiver, and see if the problem moves. Then swap the cables and see if the problem moves again. If it doesn't, it is the cable between the multiswitch & the receiver. If it does, it is the cable between the multiswitch and the dish.

Repeat it with the other 2 cables between the dish & multiswitch. You may have one bad cable between the dish & multiswitch causing all of the problems.

Good luck

#9 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

OFF TOPIC

TMullenJr - I LOVE your avitar! Very cool.

#10 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:44 PM

OFF TOPIC

TMullenJr - I LOVE your avitar! Very cool.

And here I thought you would have been more of a Star Trek Fan...

:backtotop
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...