Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

March Madness package

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sp44

sp44

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:52 AM

Anybody going to use one of the new boxes to take advantage of the new March Madness capabilities?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:21 AM

I will with my R15. Should be interesting.

#3 OFFLINE   georgewells

georgewells

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts
  • LocationHayden,Idaho

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:30 PM

Anybody going to use one of the new boxes to take advantage of the new March Madness capabilities?

What is the March Madness Package ??

#4 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:38 PM

What is the March Madness Package ??

Are you kidding?
If not, http://www.directvsp...egaMarchMadness

#5 OFFLINE   georgewells

georgewells

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts
  • LocationHayden,Idaho

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:17 PM

Are you kidding?
If not, http://www.directvsp...egaMarchMadness

Sorry I am so dense !! I am from North Idaho and all we will watch is Gonzaga !!

#6 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

Hmmmm....interesting just got an e-mail from CBS sports that'll give me this same service for my computer for free. Of course it'll be on my computer and not on my big tv screen, but you can't beat the price! :lol:

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#7 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

Hmmmm....interesting just got an e-mail from CBS sports that'll give me this same service for my computer for free. Of course it'll be on my computer and not on my big tv screen, but you can't beat the price! :lol:

You mean watching all the games on your PC? Do you have a link? How's this work?

#8 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

Isn't that CBS online thing free only for the first week, or something similar?

#9 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:50 AM

You mean watching all the games on your PC? Do you have a link? How's this work?

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod

Don't Miss It! VIP Passes are Available for a LIMITED TIME Only!

NCAA® March Madness™ on Demand is totally FREE for the first time ever! Get LIVE game broadcasts of CBS Sports television coverage of NCAA® March Madness™ streaming on your broadband-connected computer.

All 56 games from the first three rounds of the tournament will be available for FREE.* Also enjoy tournament highlights and recaps plus video from some of the greatest NCAA® March Madness™ moments of all time.

Plus, sign-up now and start watching some of the greatest NCAA® March MadnessTM moments of all time!

Why must I act now?
Capacity is great, but limited for NCAA® March Madness™ on Demand! Due to overwhelming popular demand, the virtual arena will be full with lines forming in the Waiting Room on game day. However, register TODAY for a free VIP pass and you'll get privileged access:

* VIP: Passes are limited and offered FREE to anyone who registers for NCAA® March Madness™ on Demand before March 16 or while supplies last. VIP members get quicker access to the action than General Admission ticket holders.
* General Admission: Also FREE, but if you miss out on getting a VIP pass or wait until game day to register, you will be stuck waiting in line behind VIP ticket holders to watch NCAA® March Madness™ on Demand.

Avoid the Lines! Register Now for a Free VIP Pass!

*local blackout rules will limit availability to 37 games for most people

#10 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:59 AM

Isn't that CBS online thing free only for the first week, or something similar?

They will show all the games in the first 3 rounds that are outside your market for free.

#11 OFFLINE   opus74

opus74

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

They will show all the games in the first 3 rounds that are outside your market for free.

#12 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

I'm not fully familiar with the NCAA Basketball system. How many rounds are there in total?

#13 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:24 AM

I'm not fully familiar with the NCAA Basketball system. How many rounds are there in total?

64 - 32 - 16 - 8 - 4 - 2

Once you get past the third round though, pretty much all the games will be on CBS by themselves anyway...even the D* MMM package is only for the first three rounds.

#14 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,249 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:41 AM

Sometimes it is interesting, even beneficial to peruse other DBSTalk.com forums.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=53855

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#15 OFFLINE   AMike

AMike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:44 AM

I don't know how it is in other markets, but we have a unique situation here in metro Atlanta. The CBS affiliate here is showing 2 other games on their sub channels (46-2, 46-3). So if you combine the free online offer, as well as what the local station is doing, there is absolutely no need for me to get the Mega March package.

#16 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

I just cancelled my March Madness package with DTV. CBS is offering all of these games over the internet and my local CBS affiliate will be multicasting ALL games on their digital channels. The only advantage DTV could offer for $59.99 was the MIX channels and their "bracket" channel. Not worth $59.99.

I just love the fact my HR10-250 can pick up all the local digital channels I need to watch whatever game I feel like.

If you have an HD receiver, and can receive your local CBS OTA, check with them. They may be doing as many are and offer all games via multicast.

Now if only CBS and FOX start this next fall, the NFL Sunday Ticket could be history.:hurah: :hurah: :hurah:

spam firewall