Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Looking for a Good Technician in the Northern VA area

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   victor20170

victor20170

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

Hello,

I just had my AT9 dish replaced because the 110/119 LNB went bad. The technician didn't have the same AT9 antenna I had on his truck, so he just went ahead and replaced the whole dish. According to him, he couldn't just exchange LNBs, because the antennas weren't compatible.

I used to have the AT9 made by Wistron NeWeb Corporation. I now have the one made by CalAmp Corp, which is a bit smaller.

The 101 Signal on my H20 used to be in the low to mid 80s. It's now in the low 70s. The technician says 70s is all he can get out of the AT9 antenna.... B.S.... I had a better signal before with my other dish, even my R15s were in the mid 90s. They are now in the high 80s on the 101 Satellite

Does anybody know of any good technician/company that can fine tune my Dish. I don't want to call Directv, because all their Techs seem to be more worry about leaving your house asap vs doing their job correctly. I don't care if I have to pay them out of my pocket as long as they do a good job aligning my dish.

Thanks,

Victor
-H20
-R15
-AT9 Ka/Ku Dish

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:45 PM

Hello,

I just had my AT9 dish replaced because the 110/119 LNB went bad. The technician didn't have the same AT9 antenna I had on his truck, so he just went ahead and replaced the whole dish. According to him, he couldn't just exchange LNBs, because the antennas weren't compatible.

I used to have the AT9 made by Wistron NeWeb Corporation. I now have the one made by CalAmp Corp, which is a bit smaller.

The 101 Signal on my H20 used to be in the low to mid 80s. It's now in the low 70s. The technician says 70s is all he can get out of the AT9 antenna.... B.S.... I had a better signal before with my other dish, even my R15s were in the mid 90s. They are now in the high 80s on the 101 Satellite

Does anybody know of any good technician/company that can fine tune my Dish. I don't want to call Directv, because all their Techs seem to be more worry about leaving your house asap vs doing their job correctly. I don't care if I have to pay them out of my pocket as long as they do a good job aligning my dish.

Thanks,

Victor

If you don't have friend that knows about Satellite, Buy a Satellite finder and try it yourself. Real simple. The receiver tell you all the settings .then the finder will help with the rest.

#3 OFFLINE   victor20170

victor20170

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

I am not really a hands on kind of person, not to mention I don't feel comfortable being on the roof at all. I much rather pay a professional, a good one though.
-H20
-R15
-AT9 Ka/Ku Dish

Protected By... spam firewall...And...