Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Programming Package Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnfron

johnfron

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

I currently have Total Choice Premiere - which I recieved when I signed up as a new subscriber to Sunday Ticket. I wanted to downgrade my service to Total Choice Plus, but I had a question regarding sports programming. If I go to Total Choice Plus - will I still get my Regional Sports Network (in my case it's MSG - but I'm in Western New York, so the Buffalo Sabres games are on a different RSN channel). I really don't watch the other sports network channels. Basically I'm looking for a package where I still get my RSN.

Thanks in advance!
John

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   luvdtv04

luvdtv04

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:18 PM

You will get your RSN as long as you subscribe to any Total Choice package, including Plus or even the base Total Choice package below that.

#3 OFFLINE   johnfron

johnfron

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:30 PM

Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   leww37334

leww37334

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:18 PM

You will get your RSN as long as you subscribe to any Total Choice package, including Plus or even the base Total Choice package below that.

Since you seem to be someone who understands the RSN's I have a question. My RSN is Fox Sports South, however when they start blacking out MLB Extra Innings games, they black out Cincinnatti games. How can I be in both the the Fox Sports South region and the Cincinnatti region? This has always been a mystery to me and D* has never been able to explain it to me.

#5 OFFLINE   luvdtv04

luvdtv04

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

The team whose games are blacked out in your area is actually determined by the MLB team territory in which you live, based on your zip code. Team territories often can and do differ from RSN territories. There's a lookup tool at http://mlb.tv that shows you which zip codes fall into which team's territory (check near the bottom of the page for the dropdown list of team names).

#6 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:20 AM

Since you seem to be someone who understands the RSN's I have a question. My RSN is Fox Sports South, however when they start blacking out MLB Extra Innings games, they black out Cincinnatti games. How can I be in both the the Fox Sports South region and the Cincinnatti region? This has always been a mystery to me and D* has never been able to explain it to me.

When you sign up for Sports Pack, you're given a secondary RSN. In our case in middle Tennessee, that's Cincinnati. That's the explanation I was given by D* when I signed up years ago, anyway. We get all Reds games that are on Fox Cincinnati so I assumed that if an RSN besides Cincinnati carries the game, we're blacked out.

spam firewall