Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20-600 Remote Control Codes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   theandies

theandies

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

Anyone know the code for a Panasonic TH-42PX50U Plasma remote to make it work the H20-600 D* HD receiver? It's not the the Panasonic manual.
Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hiker

hiker

Icon

• Registered
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

The H20 is probably too new. See if the manual has the H10 listed and if so try the code for it to see if it will control the H20.

If still no luck, you might want to invest in a good universal remote with learning capability. I like the Universal Remote Control Inc. MX models.

#3 OFFLINE   theandies

theandies

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:32 PM

I sent Panasonic and D* e-mail asking them also. I've thought about a good universal remote. I don't think the H10 is listed either but I'll look again.
Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

Anyone know the code for a Panasonic TH-42PX50U Plasma remote to make it work the H20-600 D* HD receiver? It's not the the Panasonic manual.
Thanks

Maybe it would be easier to use the H-20 remote to control the TV?...If that
does not appeal to you, see if your Panny manual has a generic code for LG
electronics...that is the maker of the H-20.....

#5 OFFLINE   HELIX360

HELIX360

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

Thanks

I have a Panasonic TH-37PX50U Plasma and a H20, and I just used one of codes from the H20. I wish I could remember which one, but works just fine. Just keep trying different codes until you get the one that works. Hope this helps!

#6 OFFLINE   theandies

theandies

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:56 AM

I have a Panasonic TH-37PX50U Plasma and a H20, and I just used one of codes from the H20. I wish I could remember which one, but works just fine. Just keep trying different codes until you get the one that works. Hope this helps!

Thanks guys
I would like to use the TV's remote just so I don't have to keep switching between the two (call me really lazy:D ).
Helix - I'll give that a try but rmember I am lazy so I don't know how long I'll be able to keep trying codes......................:P :lol:

Edit - BTW here is the responce I received from Panasonic:

Dear MR ANDERSON

Thank you for your inquiry. The component codes are located in the
instruction manual for the universal remote control. If the codes do
not
activate your product, or your brand is not listed, our remote control
will not operate the brand product you have inquired about. We do not
have any additional codes that will activate your product.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank You,
Panasonic Consumer Support

spam firewall