Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ordering PPV with multiple receivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wcsdkqh

wcsdkqh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:32 PM

I noticed when viewing my system on the dtv website, I noticed that all 4 receivers are listed, one being primary. However, all the rest indicate non-mirrored. Is that because only the primary (DVR) is connected via phone line? If I order PPV movie online, will it be activated on all 4 receivers?
thx

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:36 PM

I noticed when viewing my system on the dtv website, I noticed that all 4 receivers are listed, one being primary. However, all the rest indicate non-mirrored. Is that because only the primary (DVR) is connected via phone line? If I order PPV movie online, will it be activated on all 4 receivers?
thx

The other receivers only get what the primary is receiving if they are mirrored receivers. Do you see additional receiver listed under programming. They might be actually mirrored but a website error says not mirrored. I would call Directv and ask if it was my account.

#3 OFFLINE   wcsdkqh

wcsdkqh

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:22 AM

Yes, when I look under programming, it does show the other 3 as mirrored, When I ordered a PPV last evening, it wasnt on the other receivers. Do I have to do the buy now via the remote (on the mirrored receivers) in order to enable the movie on the mirrored receivers?

#4 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:24 AM

No, that would charge you on each receiver for the same PPV. The best way to get a PPV in all rooms is to order it online.

#5 OFFLINE   wcsdkqh

wcsdkqh

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

No, that would charge you on each receiver for the same PPV. The best way to get a PPV in all rooms is to order it online.

I did order it online. Thats why I am questioning not receiving the PPV on the mirrored receivers

#6 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

Do I have to do the buy now via the remote (on the mirrored receivers) in order to enable the movie on the mirrored receivers?

--------------
When you order via remote, whichever receiver you are using, will get the movie/
event etc. If you order via on-line you will be able to specify which receiver/room
you wish to receive it on(check your on-line account to make sure your rooms
are listed with the correct equipment you want to receive it on.

#7 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

I placed my first on-line PPV order (UFC 58) recently because I needed it on more than one receiver. The confirmation e-mail I received specified the access card (or service) number for the Primary receiver. I called and asked D* about that, and that's the way it shows up on their system, but the PPV did show up on all my boxes.

Not sure why yours would not have.

#8 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:17 PM

I placed my first on-line PPV order (UFC 58) recently because I needed it on more than one receiver. The confirmation e-mail I received specified the access card (or service) number for the Primary receiver. I called and asked D* about that, and that's the way it shows up on their system, but the PPV did show up on all my boxes.

Not sure why yours would not have.

Same here - behavior I've seen (combination of here and at my girlfriend's house) is that if you order it by remote, it will only show up on that receiver. If you order it online, it will show up on all receivers.

#9 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,728 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

PPV will ONLY show on the receiver it was bought . It does not mirror to the other receivers!!!I never ordered over phone so I,m not sure what would happen then.But order by phone it will cost $1.50- $5.00 extra pending operator help!!!

#10 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:29 PM

DOn't order by phone, always order on-line at their website, problem solved....

;)

#11 OFFLINE   GeorgeLV

GeorgeLV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:54 PM

DirecTV PPV mirrors to all the receivers on your account if you order online.

spam firewall