Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New directv.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:58 AM

Firefox bombs for me if I use it for a large number of screen changes when working on the tech forum. I also bombs on sites with a lot of PDF pages. The change from 1.4 to 1.5 started lots of problems including not being able to use a neat spell check add-on.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:42 AM

Firefox bombs for me if I use it for a large number of screen changes when working on the tech forum. I also bombs on sites with a lot of PDF pages. The change from 1.4 to 1.5 started lots of problems including not being able to use a neat spell check add-on.

Personally I think the Mozilla suite is a lot more stable and has a lot fewer bugs than Firefox does, but they haven't released a new version in quite some time.

#23 OFFLINE   Alexandrepsf

Alexandrepsf

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:30 PM

But they just changed the background color of the top menu, is there anything changed in the usability of the website? Any options added?

By the way, it is true that you can no more downgrade your programming, I tried and it did not work, you have to call them for downgrading, but no problem for upgrading.

That sucks.
DirecTV since 2002
HR34-100
HR22-104
HR23-100
Deca BB
Samsung SmarTV

#24 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:35 PM

But they just changed the background color of the top menu, is there anything changed in the usability of the website? Any options added?

By the way, it is true that you can no more downgrade your programming, I tried and it did not work, you have to call them for downgrading, but no problem for upgrading.

That sucks.

Unless they wait until confirmation screen and then say you can't do it, this is NOT true. I currently have TC Premier, and it let me go down to TC and then add back on any premiums that I wanted.

Like I said, I didn't take it all the way through to confirmation (because I don't want to downgrade), but it appeared the option is still there unless they wait til you get to the end and then say "sorry, you can't do this."

#25 OFFLINE   Alexandrepsf

Alexandrepsf

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:39 PM

It happens at the end when you click on "Accept These Changes" button to confirm your new programming selection.

I do not remember the exact message, but it says something like please call the directv number (can not remember the reasoning they give to call them).
DirecTV since 2002
HR34-100
HR22-104
HR23-100
Deca BB
Samsung SmarTV

#26 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:49 PM

It happens at the end when you click on "Accept These Changes" button to confirm your new programming selection.

I do not remember the exact message, but it says something like please call the directv number (can not remember the reasoning they give to call them).

It is possible that it's just temporary with the website change...

#27 OFFLINE   Alexandrepsf

Alexandrepsf

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

Very strange that the problem happens in one way and not in the other way, don't you think so?

Anyway, we will see if that is a new politic or just a glitch.
DirecTV since 2002
HR34-100
HR22-104
HR23-100
Deca BB
Samsung SmarTV

#28 OFFLINE   benn5325

benn5325

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

Right now I have HBO & Showtime. I hardly watch either but want to keep one.
I tried to remove showtime by unchecking the box, then click continue.
Nothing happens, it just refreshes the screen.
I know you cannot remove premium sports. NFLST, Setanta etc you need to call.
If you try to add anything, no problem, works fine. Go figure.:rolleyes:

#29 OFFLINE   skaeight

skaeight

Icon

• Registered
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:42 PM

Can anyone confirm whether or not you can still switch premium packages online, i.e. swap HBO with Sports pack?

#30 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,745 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

One minor bug of this update is "mirroring status" shows "Not Mirrored". Before the change it was accurate. Call to D* confirmed receivers are mirrored.

spam firewall