Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2nd Directv Reciever Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sandiegobrady

sandiegobrady

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:22 PM

Hopefully someone can answer this. I have a total of 3 boxes on my account. One of the boxes I ocassionally take with me to my 2nd home in another city... for the past 3 years works perfect no problems. I get everything now except my local channels (little rock, ar) I called directv (they never ask me where the box is) and test it... restart the card..... had me reset the reciever all that stuff still with no luck. They recommend me buy a new reciever. Does anyone have any advice of what to do or is there a way they reciever (rca d10) will not work out of the city?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:44 PM

Southern Cal... and Little Rock...

The problem is the signal for Little Rock, doesn't make it to Southern Cal.
DirecTV uses spot beam technology... so Little Rock can only be recived for somethign like a 400 mile radius (maybe even smaller) around the targeted area.

They may have recently moved the Little Rock's too a spot beam method, if it has been working all this time.

Nothing you would be able to do about it.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   sandiegobrady

sandiegobrady

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

I looked up that little rock is not on spot beam its on transponder 25 on the 119. If thats the case any Idea... I have no clue about any of this.

Southern Cal... and Little Rock...

The problem is the signal for Little Rock, doesn't make it to Southern Cal.
DirecTV uses spot beam technology... so Little Rock can only be recived for somethign like a 400 mile radius (maybe even smaller) around the targeted area.

They may have recently moved the Little Rock's too a spot beam method, if it has been working all this time.

Nothing you would be able to do about it.

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:53 PM

Hmm... When did you look it up?

Just curious.

Other then that... have you checked your signal strength on the 119 dish at your second location?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   sandiegobrady

sandiegobrady

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:59 PM

Yes its currently around 88... seems to be the best i can get.. and thats on transponder 25. Looked up transponder info yesterday

Hmm... When did you look it up?

Just curious.

Other then that... have you checked your signal strength on the 119 dish at your second location?

#6 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,936 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

I thought all of the locals on 119 were on spot beams. Just about all of the locals anyplace are on spot beams. Very recently, DirecTV has moved some locals that were on nation-wide feed over to spot beams, and that may be what has happened to you.

If the locals are in fact on a spot beam, then there is no way you will be able to get them other than a separate account with local channels in the applicable city.

Carl

#7 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

I looked up that little rock is not on spot beam its on transponder 25 on the 119. If thats the case any Idea... I have no clue about any of this.

According to this source Little Rock stations are on a spot. This doesn't show the transponders but does show spot beam. That ain't gonna make it to Southern CA. But it's just another source.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...