Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New DTV Install

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Anthony

Anthony

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:18 PM

I am having DirecTV installed on Thursday (after more than 6 years with Dish). The install will be for 2 rooms with a DVR R15 in each. Programming will include the Total Choice Premier package (no additional HD or internationals). I live in New York. Question: Which dish should I expect to be installed - the 18" round or the Phase 3 Oval? I have heard the oval does better with rain fade. Thanks in advance.

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

Most likely... the Phase 3 oval... or an AT9 (5LNB dish)

The chance of you getting a 18" round is slim.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   alorarosalyn

alorarosalyn

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

Round dishes are rarely installed anymore, not unless you are in a remote area without locals, etc...

#4 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:36 AM

well at least he will get to watch the yankees this year lol
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

#5 OFFLINE   directvfreak

directvfreak

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

In my area, a standard install has the 18" dish. The guy said if the person isn't getting HD of foreign language services he installers the 18" dish along with a multi-swithch.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...