Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Rumor alert

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bob Haller

Bob Haller

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 12:29 PM

Theres a chance Verizon and the merged company will get together to bundle TV programming aong with Cellular, local and long distance thats presently rolling out thru their service area. ALL ON ONE BILL!

I like this and think it will be a success if they price it right..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 12:36 PM

Verizon used to resell DTV in my area. It was a rental deal. This is not really all that new.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#3 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 02:38 PM

Verizon is not available everywhere though. I cant get Verizon phone service, and I can get there cel lservice but it sucks.
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#4 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,249 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 09 August 2002 - 03:02 PM

John, does this mean I will be able to get HDTV on my wireless screen phone??? :D

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#5 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 03:06 PM

NO NO NO NIck. You will get HDTV and cell phone calls on your bill. seems inconvenient only getting them once a month but...............
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#6 OFFLINE   jrjcd

jrjcd

Arcane Movie Trivia King

• Gold Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 04:16 PM

"can you see my widescreen now?"

btw-we went to get the passports updated yesterday and there was a verizon guy repairing the lines outside the buildings...we got out of the car and my four kids in unision yelled...

"can you hear me now???"

i bet the rank and file have to be sick of it by now...lol

jrjcd(jack)-

"I've got a FEVER...and the ONLY prescription for it is MORE COWBELL!!!!"
Lengendary record producer Bruce Dickinson

#7 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 07:39 PM

Hmm, if this is true I may have to reconsider, my plans to get a Sprint PCS phone next year, but I dont have long distance. We never ever use LD, so my mom canceld it a few years ago.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#8 OFFLINE   Bob Haller

Bob Haller

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 10:14 PM

the leak appears possible,,it MAY depenmd on the merger. Bundling in this case would be nice saving lots of bill paying time.

#9 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 12:52 PM

I wish and am still waiting for satellite tv wirelessly anywhere you go just as you do with a cell phone, or the xm satellite radio service. It would be better to have a dozen channels that way than nothing although it would require a lot of bandwidth to get this done but they could add one channel at a time maybe one every 2-4 weeks until they come up with a new way of doing it even better.

Is this technically feasible having internet by satellite anywhere you go in such a small device or at least like xm radio without having this bubble to track the satellites, but pick them up like xm radio does with that type of antenna?

#10 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 01:14 PM

Well my bills are paid automatically. And when Verizon offered this before they did so at a premium----although they were a way to lease DTV as opposed to owning it.

If you want this great---sign up for it. But I would have to see it as offering extra value before I jumped on it.

spam firewall