Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blank/Black screen when 622 turned on

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dvsamuel

dvsamuel

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

I have been experiencing a minor problem with my new 622 that I though I would share. When I first turn the system on, everything starts correctly except that I don't have audio or video coming from the receiver. I use a Harmony 676 to turn my TV, 622, Audio Reciever on. The only way to get a picture and sound is to use the guide to switch to a different channel.

I have tried rebooting my system, but the same thing happens. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might be doing wrong or is this a bug that others have been experiencing.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   tedb3rd

tedb3rd

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:04 PM

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but just FYI I have had a similar situation: I get a blank screen/no sound on HD channels when I switch from SD to HD channels... but this problem only occurs on TV1 output when TV2 is recording a program in the background. Pressing/holding the power to force a reset doesn't solve the problem. Pressing the replay/back button doesn't correct the problem (like it sometimes does when there's an audio loss). I have to stop the recording on TV2 and then the HD channels typically come in OK.

Do you have it setup for dual tuners? If yes, try using only TV1 and see if you still get the same problem... I'm curious to see what happens.

My guess is that your situation is not your fault--there's definately a lot of bugs that DN is working on

#3 OFFLINE   dvsamuel

dvsamuel

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for your reply tedb3rd.

Of course now when I try, it seems to be working fine, but the problem usually happens when I am not recording. I hope DN fixes this bug soon.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...