Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 skipping video

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sunfire01

sunfire01

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

my 622 has been having problems every once in a while with the video on certain channels skipping frames. If I reboot or skip back on the remote it fixes it until I go live. I have 3.55 and I'm running single mode.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   abricko

abricko

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:43 PM

my 622 has been having problems every once in a while with the video on certain channels skipping frames. If I reboot or skip back on the remote it fixes it until I go live. I have 3.55 and I'm running single mode.

just another bug we're waiting on them to fix

#3 OFFLINE   patrick

patrick

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:53 PM

My VIP622 just started to do the exact same thing.
Also, sometimes on the HD channels the audio will not work.
Rewinding a little bit will get the audio going.
All the problems seem to be happening when LIVE mode is in use.

Question:
How does Dish Network find out about these problems if people don't call
in and report them?

#4 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

Answer:

They read this and other satellite web boards from posters like us who outline all the problems they are having. I know I've talked to some of their engineers who say that they actually have several people assigned to read these and other web boards about bugs, features wanted etc.

#5 OFFLINE   DAG

DAG

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:54 PM

Tonight it's on all satellite channels including sat locals, but not on any OTAs. Skipping/jerky video and out of sync audio. Is it affecting everyone tonight or is it my 622 (or all of our 622s)?
Model 622, replaced once by DISH in Feb., 2006

Software L635
Dual mode

OTAs via large antenna in attic
Panasonic 42" plasma industrial grade monitor
Component video via Audio Authority AA1154A component switcher
Toslink switched/converted to coax via AA1554A
Bose Lifestyle 20 using coax digital audio

#6 OFFLINE   mithcman333

mithcman333

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

Tonight it's on all satellite channels including sat locals, but not on any OTAs. Skipping/jerky video and out of sync audio. Is it affecting everyone tonight or is it my 622 (or all of our 622s)?

Same here.... Just had my vip622 installed and setup this weekend.... saw the skipping on the HD channels tonight, got nervous all was not well... (although OTA HD seems OK though...)

I hope it's something that can be fixed with an update... :confused:

Mitchman

#7 OFFLINE   liferules

liferules

Godfather

• Registered
  • 305 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:14 PM

I hope it's something that can be fixed with an update... :confused:

It was actually worsened with an update! :icon_cry:

#8 OFFLINE   BIGBALDITO

BIGBALDITO

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:05 AM

Last night was the worst ever. A little of everthing, and getting worse by the day.

#9 OFFLINE   DAG

DAG

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:20 AM

Last night was the worst ever. A little of everthing, and getting worse by the day.

When I went to bed at 12:30AM, the problem was still apparent, but this AM everything is fine. The reset that occurs daily at 3:00AM after the EPG download cures this problem.

Software L635
Dual mode

#10 OFFLINE   netbob

netbob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:40 AM

My problems started about a week after the install of the Vip622. It seemed to start after I tried to record HD from a local OTA and the Sat. Everyday after the receiver has been on for a while I get some or all of the semptoms talked about on this forum. Audio dropouts, audio sync, video shutter, timers not firing or recording only about 8 mins. I tried to record the Soppranos last night while I watched a OTA local. The sound on the OTA dropped as soon as the other recording started. I had to fight with it by rewinding and then start recording to get the sound back. We missed about 15 min of audio for the show. :mad: Lucky for us the Soppranos recorded OK

#11 OFFLINE   LaserMark4

LaserMark4

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:27 AM

Mine was having the same issues all weekend as well....
Martin Logan's: Theater, Aeon i, Aerius i
Power: NAD T163/T973
DVD: Panny RP91; Scaler: Runco PFP11 (720p/1080i)
PJ: Sony G70 CRT; Screen: 106" Da-Lite High Power
Sub: HSU VTF-3/MKII; DVR: Dish 622

#12 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

REBOOT your receivers when that happens to temporarily fix the audio/video stutters.

#13 OFFLINE   tedb3rd

tedb3rd

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:22 AM

I'm getting a mixture of the problems that everyone else is mentioning. I have noticed that most (but not all) of the problems/symptoms are the worst when TV2 is recording in the background. Anybody else notice this too?

#14 OFFLINE   moman19

moman19

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:53 PM

REBOOT your receivers when that happens to temporarily fix the audio/video stutters.

No need to reboot every time this occurs. Much like the audio-sync issue, I find that hitting the SKIP BACK button once or twice often clears this up. At least long enough to continue watching a show in progress.

Funny, I get sync issues often, skipping video occasionally, and the SKIP button seems to straighten both things out.

Now when will the fixes start arriving? I sure hope someone is already wringing them out for us.

#15 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

The point that I was making is that frequent reboots done twice a day keep me from suffering from most of the sync/video stutter or audio drop outs. The 622 reboots in the morning around 4:00 am and I reboot it again right before primetime starts, ( 6:30pm ) to prevent any problems with my viewing pleasure.

I also have my sound set to pcm to prevent any audio drop outs on dolby digital sound. I use the 5 channel stereo sound on my a/v receiver to simulate the dolby digital sound. This is a temporary work around till the software is fixed.

The twice a day reboots seems to keep most of the audio /video problems down to a minimum.

#16 OFFLINE   sunfire01

sunfire01

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

The point that I was making is that frequent reboots done twice a day keep me from suffering from most of the sync/video stutter or audio drop outs. The 622 reboots in the morning around 4:00 am and I reboot it again right before primetime starts, ( 6:30pm ) to prevent any problems with my viewing pleasure.

I also have my sound set to pcm to prevent any audio drop outs on dolby digital sound. I use the 5 channel stereo sound on my a/v receiver to simulate the dolby digital sound. This is a temporary work around till the software is fixed.

The twice a day reboots seems to keep most of the audio /video problems down to a minimum.

So the 622 does reboot when it updates the guide in the wee hours of the night?
If thats so I'll change it to reboot around 4:00 PM before I get home to watch TV.

Jason

#17 OFFLINE   DAG

DAG

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

So the 622 does reboot when it updates the guide in the wee hours of the night?
If thats so I'll change it to reboot around 4:00 PM before I get home to watch TV.

Jason

It does a reboot. I checked that earlier today by setting its time to about one minute ahead of the actual time and watche dthe whole process. It does a reboot, curing the sync issues. Not a bad idea to have it reboot just before the primetime!

Software L635
Dual mode

#18 OFFLINE   mklatman

mklatman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:41 AM

When you say reboot, do you mean simply turn the receiver off and on again? Or do you mean disconnect from wall power temporarily?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...