Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I got my locals up on Saturday (8/3/02)!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jasonbp

Jasonbp

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 09:19 PM

Well I am posting this late but better than never.

Last Friday I found out that the Grand Rapids locals were up and running. So, I went and called DirecTV up that afternoon and ordered the package. On Saturday I went out and bought a second 18" dish. Then went to Radio Shack and got the cable's I needed.

Went home and put the dish together. Took it outside and mounted it to my barn. I got it so it was even with the 101 Sat Dish. Set it so the tilt (or whatever it is) was right. Then I thought I would try from there.

I went and turned the TV to the window so I could see it from outside and then I started to move the dish to the right just a little bit at a time. I picked up the 119 Sat. I got a peak of 68 and it was jumping from 66 to 67. I thought that was good enough, I wasn't going to mess with it anymore. I went back inside and turned the TV around and went to channel 3- CBS, 8-NBC, 13-ABC, 17-FOX, 41-ABC, 47-PAX/WB. All coming in good. Plus some of those great Spanish channels, though some of them are pretty good. If I could only understand what they were saying.

I go back outside to tighten the dish down and I bump the thing. So I go back inside swearing under my breath if I lost that dish I am going to $^%* something up. Well I go back in the program and now the peek is 87 and it's steady at about 85. So I am like jumping up and down now that I got better. So then I go back outside and tighten the dish down.

After that I cut all the wires and put them together so I could get both sats and everything. Time working 1 hour 20 minutes, putting dish together, finding the Sat, running cable.. That's taking a 10 break and watching some TV too. Hey, it was hot out and I needed some AC.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...