Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Howard TV on Direct?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mike62

mike62

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

I looked on DTV website and did not see any mention of any Howard Stern programming but I would almost swear I heard him mention being on Direct the other day. Has anyone heard of this possibility?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

I looked on DTV website and did not see any mention of any Howard Stern programming but I would almost swear I heard him mention being on Direct the other day. Has anyone heard of this possibility?

Stern is on Sirus.. D & E don't want to pay for copywrited mateial. It's highly unlikely.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#3 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,360 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:19 PM

Stern is on Sirus.. D & E don't want to pay for copywrited mateial. It's highly unlikely.

D* and E* retransmit copyrighted material all the time -- they just pay for the retrans -- what's the big deal?

Although Stern's a slug, he's no worse than (not then) some of the garbage, I mean, comedy on SHOW & HBO.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#4 ONLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

If you're talking about Howard Stern on Demand, I doubt it, since iNDemand is the one who distributes the Howard Stern on Demand service.

On a side note, he could have been talking about Wendy the Retard calling up Opie and Anthony during their show, which is available on D*.

#5 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:01 AM

In Demand is a joint venture from Comcast, Time Warner and Cox so no Stern On Demand won't be on DirecTV anytime soon. I was going to subscribe to Stern On demand but for $13.95, and due to the fact I'm not that big of a fan, I decided against it.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#6 OFFLINE   looknow12

looknow12

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:44 AM

In Demand is a joint venture from Comcast, Time Warner and Cox so no Stern On Demand won't be on DirecTV anytime soon. I was going to subscribe to Stern On demand but for $13.95, and due to the fact I'm not that big of a fan, I decided against it.

It's so worth it. My wife isn't a big fan of the radio show...never listens, but elbows me to watch Howard TV.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...