Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

New International on E*

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2001 - 07:21 PM

Channel 597 @ 61.5. Brazilian maybe????
Record Internacional

Dish has it listed on their website, bit when I click on the channel logo it brings up the Arirang TV page.

www.dishnetwork.com/conte...ernational

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2001 - 11:41 PM

This channel is Portuguese (Brasilero) from São Paulo, Brasil. Brazillian Portuguese is quite different from European Portuguese. Both dialects are understandable buy both Europeans and South Americans, but it makes the difference among British English, U.S. English and Australian English pail by comparison.

If you click on the channel logo rather than the channel name on the "International A La Carte" page you get to the right place. Here is the correct page for this channel on Dish Network's page.

It's on 61.5 and 148 and is in free preview until Nov 30 (If My Protuguese comprehetion is up to snuff anyway)

BTW, from what I can understand on the program breaks, looks like this is a new offering to the United States beginning today! Lots of "Hello America" promos. From what I can gleen, the promo tells people about the "new" service available and how now you can see programs directly from "our country".

See ya
Tony

spam firewall