Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 Long lead times?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ixian

ixian

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:11 PM

Just ordered new service from Dish yesterday and when I got my welcome email it gave me an install date of 5/17 - a month out.

When I called to inquire I was told the reason for the delay was the long lead time to get the 622 in stock. I was also told it would ship directly to me, and if I got it earlier I could call and try to schedule an earlier installation date.

Has this happened to anyone else, and has the receiver arrived well in advance of the install date, i.e. Dish is hedging it's dates?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tomcrown1

tomcrown1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

Their was a post about a truck overturning with the VIP622 on board thus leading to dish not having alot on hand
Welcome to Dish the new AT&T

:) life is to to to short so be???

#3 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

Gaming Guru and Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:21 PM

They are out for 3 or 4 weeks.

#4 OFFLINE   ShockerEngr

ShockerEngr

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:39 PM

I ordered new service 4/16 and got an install date of 5/10.

#5 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

The receivers typically arrive about 10-14 days in advance of your install. I was in the initial group. Ordered on Feb 1, install scheduled for Feb 28, received the receiver on Feb 16. I was unable to get an improved install date even though I had the receiver. It was installed on 2/28 and has been working great since then.

..Doyle
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#6 OFFLINE   wimcolgate

wimcolgate

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:48 AM

I ordered the 622 through the 921 swap-out program, I received the 622 almost immediately; but the install is supposed to happen 5/2. I ordered 4/1. The 622 arrived about 7 days later via UPS ground -- which tells me it pretty much shipped the day I ordered it.

I called the hot-line to see if they could speed up the install -- and they said they could not help me.... I could do it myself ... but heck, I already paid for the install, I'll just sit back and wait.

Wim

#7 OFFLINE   Dan Michael

Dan Michael

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

I ordered mine on April 1st, using the 921 rebate offer. I was given an April 10th install date. The receiver did not arrive before that date, so I rescheduled for the 22nd. I called today to try to get a tracking number, and was told that due to shortages, I would have to be rescheduled. I was set up for the 18th of May, nearly 7 weeks after my initial order. I was also told that receivers would be shipped as they became available, and that if mine arrived early, I could reschedule the install. Possibly, since this will be my second 622, I have been relocated to the "end of the line". I understand the concept of underestimating market demand. However, I wish that I would have been made aware of the problem from the beginning. I suspect that someone within the organization has known for weeks the severity of their problem. Regardless tho, I am happy with the 622 that I have, and am anxiously awaiting a replacement for my 921.

spam firewall