Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Corrupted DVR Programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cames

cames

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

We had two back-to-back shows recording. We started watching show #1 from the beginning at about 40 minutes into live TV. At roughly 40 minutes into the show, that is where liveTV was when began watching, the picture and audio quickly became garbled and then seemed to start over from the beginning of the show. That was strange, but we didn't think too much of it. The strange part was that essentially the same thing happened in show #2--40 minutes in, it went all to hell. Fortunately, I deleted the two and was able to record from a later replay. But it was concerning. This was on a 622 connected via composite to a Dish-brand HD. Any thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   R_Childress

R_Childress

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

Back to back timers. Were they on the same channel. If so be sure to set the 'start one minute early' and 'end x minutes late' options to 0. My 622 does not handle overlaping timers on the same channel well at all.

#3 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:30 AM

Back to back timers. Were they on the same channel. If so be sure to set the 'start one minute early' and 'end x minutes late' options to 0. My 622 does not handle overlaping timers on the same channel well at all.

The 622 will not do overlapping timers on one input. It will record one on TV1 and the other on TV2 - I have had no problems with this.

#4 OFFLINE   David_Levin

David_Levin

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

PADS: I prefer the 622 to what the 921 did. Try to use both tuners if not available let the user resolve the conflict. 921 would remove the pads and I'd miss the start/end of the show. Even worse, once removed, the pads not return the following week.

Now, the first users problems sound different then this. I had back to back timers for OTA Alias/Invasion last night. I started watching Alias in progress. Didn't have any problems.

cames: Unless there are other reports, I suggest a reboot and see if the problem reoccurs.
Bye Bye 921
Now playing with 2x 622s.

#5 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

It sounds likes cames DVR problem is related to memory saturation where a reset normally would have occurred.

#6 OFFLINE   voripteth

voripteth

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:24 AM

Next time you have a "corrupted" show, don't delete it right away. Reboot the DVR and see if you can then replay it. I'm seeing a problem with L356 where some programs don't replay properly unless your system is freshly rebooted.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...