Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Got replacement 622, Now another problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pilot305

pilot305

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:46 AM

Okay, this is getting old but here it goes.

I got a replacement 622 yesterday and i got it all hooked up, call CSR, got it activated fine but now i have problem with this receiver too. The main tv (tuner 1) seems to work just fine. No freezing problems or anything. On the 2nd tv (tuner 2) the remote control will not change the channel, or anything else for that matter. It seems maybe the remote is broken but i can turn off the tv just fine. It's the same remote from the 1st receiver i got (they never replaced the remotes, just the receiver) and it worked just fine with that 1st receiver. The channel that is showing on the screen is the one that says "Congratulations on your DISH 1000 xxxxxxx" . I can change the receiver to single-mode and the PIP works just fine (from the main tv's remote (#1). I can change channels and everything!

Any idea what this maybe?? I've done the hard-reboot, check switch, blah blah already. The little remote control antenna is hooked up fine. I even took the #2 remote to the receiver and tried to change the channel from close range and nothing still happens.

thanks for your time,
pilot305

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:50 AM

Any idea what this maybe?? ...

I'm thinking that all your symptoms agree with your "old" remote is set to a Remote Address other than the one the new receiver is set by default.

#3 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:55 AM

Did you happen to previously change the A/B switch on remote 2 and then forget to reset it on the new receiver? I forget the exact key sequence but I think you display the System Info using the front panel button and then press a button on the remote (Page Up or something?) to change the 622 to the same setting. I think the procedure is in the manual.

#4 OFFLINE   socceteer

socceteer

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:23 PM

You can check the address of your remote controls by pressing the SYSTEM INFO in front of the receiver. if the address for tv1 AND TV2 are SET TO Address 1, then you probably have not set it.

To set it. press the SYSTEM INFO button in front of the unit and then Press and hold the satellite button on the remote control number 2 wait until it blinks and then press the record button, you will notice that the address for the remote tv2 will change.

Now try using it.
DVR 622 , DVR 510, HDTV 811
Satelites: 110,119,148,129 Switch 44

#5 OFFLINE   pilot305

pilot305

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for your guy's input!! I'll try your suggestions when i get off work tonight. I just figured that all the remotes where alike. I guess you learn something new everyday. This is a great forum!! Even with all the problems i've had with my upgrades and replacements, i always know i can come here and get my questions answered.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...