Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

D* PPV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 10:48 AM

When you order a PPV movie on one receiver does it come in on ALL receivers or just that one?
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   timf

timf

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 11:35 AM

It will only come in on the receiver you ordered it on.

#3 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 12:42 PM

With DISH you can order it on multiple receivers but recive one charge. Not sure about D*
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#4 OFFLINE   timf

timf

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 01:48 PM

If you ordered the same movie at the same time on 2 separate receivers with DIRECTV, you'll be charged twice. If you order it online or by phone, you have to pick which ONE receiver you want the program to appear on.

#5 OFFLINE   gowilk

gowilk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Geronimo
With DISH you can order it on multiple receivers but recive one charge. Not sure about D*

WRONG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!! ... As a former Dish customer that was one of my pet peeves and Directv does it the same way ... PPV is for the unit you ordered it on only ... that's the main reason they want you to have a phone line connected so they can sucker you into MORE ppv's.

I sure hate it when these e* guys come over with their false information.... I suppose Geronimo thinks a 501 receiver with one tuner is better than TIVO or UTV with two and that paying $9 for a couple of discovery channels and soapnet is a good idea as well.

At least with D*, people who live in LA market area don't need feeds from 3 different satellites to get local channels.

#6 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 02:51 PM

How do you get it to work on all of the receivers if you dont call it in but order it at the receiver? Do you have to pay for it on all the receivers if you order the same movie in one day on the all day ticket on Dish? What about the wrestling ppv if you order it at the same time it comes on?

#7 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 06:31 PM

The Digital Cable I have now is the same way, I just scam them and say I need to go into another room for the "baby" that I have (there is no baby) and they let me order it on all the boxes and only charge me once. Gotta love simple minded yokels.
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#8 OFFLINE   kfonda

kfonda

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 08:38 PM

Actually gowilk that's not been the case with me. I have ordered at least 5 ppv's on my main receiver(PVR 501)and finished watching them in the bedroom on the 301 receiver.It does pop up the dialog box confirming if you want to purchase the movie,to which I just pressed OK but I have NEVER EVER been double billed.Who knows why :D

#9 OFFLINE   markh

markh

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 09:33 PM

When you are billed for it and they see the same movie ordered on the same day from different receivers, they are supposed to charge just once. I've seen this info both here and at DBSForums.

I hope you are also peeved at D* for this.;)

#10 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 10:31 PM

What about the WWE, Boxing, and other special events?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...