Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Improved PQ on Dishnetwork

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike123abc

Mike123abc

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 03:11 PM

Is it just me or has the picture really improved this week on channels like SiFi and super stations?

I have not seen any updates on lynsat.com about them moving channels around to lower compression. Only things I can think of are a new compression upgrade or reallocation of bits between stations on the same transponders.

Or perhaps it is simply me getting used to the downgrade of quality now. If I look closely I can still see compression artifacts, they just are not slapping me in the face like they were a few days ago.

Anyone else noticed the difference?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 03:20 PM

The compression goes up.
The compression goes down.

Superstations are looking good. The Portland locals look better than Showtime right now. I guess there's not much on the pacific northwest pot.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Ghandi

#3 OFFLINE   andrzejpw

andrzejpw

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 09:20 PM

gah. My Pittsburgh locals are looking worse than ever. . . :(

#4 OFFLINE   Marcus S

Marcus S

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 09:49 PM

It's there new aliance software that does not work. Go figure...
VIP922, 1000.4 Western Arc Dish, Ronard Ultra Duty 3 Foot Satellite Tripod, RG6 Quad Thomas & Betts fittings. Samsung 55" 7100 LED, Sony PS3, Sunfire TGA-5400 Amp, Sunfire TGP-5 Preamp, Magnepan MG 3.6 front, Boston Acoustic CR8's rear, Thiel SmartSub SS1. CyberPower CP1350 UPS. Cisco E4200 Network.

#5 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 17 August 2002 - 04:33 PM

Gotta say, TMC PQ Sucks big time. Tried to watch Top Gun last night and the pixelization was so bad I gave up. If this doesn't improve soon, I'll go to Digital Cable. Had a special @$5.00/mo for 3 mos. Digitial + HBO+Showtime. While I had the box, the PQ was much better on Digital Cable. Furthermore, DD 5.1 on all Showtime, TMC & Encore chans.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...