Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lip Sync and ABC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

I ended up recording in SD just to be sure, and was glad I did because it was out of sync. Here is the note I recieved from dish today.

Our engineers have been working on the lip sync issue on your local ABC station. Hopefully, by the time you get this, the issue will have cleared.:rolleyes:

Either E* is actually working the problem or they just decided to send out these emails to all the people that complained to dishquality.com. I received a very similar letter about ABC being fixed and NBC still being worked on. Do you think these problems were nationwide?
171 Blu-ray
83 DVD
63 HD DVD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jkinghome

jkinghome

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:47 AM

I got the following e-mail from dish:

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have received word from our engineers that this is close to being resolved. If you should still see this issue after one week, would you notify us again.

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer.

I haven't experienced any lip synch issues recently on ABC - hopefully it is fixed.

#23 OFFLINE   Robert W

Robert W

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:28 AM

Last night ABC sync was the worst it has ever been for me. Awful.:mad:

#24 OFFLINE   SteveinDanville

SteveinDanville

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:54 AM

I got the following e-mail from dish:

I haven't experienced any lip synch issues recently on ABC - hopefully it is fixed.

See, this is what I mean: my email back from them states the exact same thing (see below):
Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network.
Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously
improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have word from our engineering team that they believe they have
identified the problem. They are currently working on a resolution in
which may take some time to implement, so we thank you for your
patience. If you do not notice any changes after a few weeks could you
notify us again?

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their
audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information,
and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

#25 OFFLINE   omszz

omszz

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

Just wanted to add I've also experienced significant audio sync issues on ABC HD in Seattle, doesn't matter if its OTA or Locals on Dish. It really does suck because prior to a few weeks ago, I wasn't seeing any issues.

#26 OFFLINE   SM Dowling

SM Dowling

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

I live in Clear Lake City (southeast Houston, TX) and since i got the ViP622 HD DVR, I have had nothing but problems. The pixelating recurs often. I began having sound drops. Then i started getting "Check Switch" error. We have had about 8 technicians out and every cable and connector has been changed out by them. I just had one leave my house and after installing a new receiver i had a quick pixelate and short sound drop before he could even get to his truck. I have been a Dish customer for about 10 years and don't really want to switch, but am on my last raw nerve over this and ready to switch to cable. I really don't think they know what it is or have faith they can fix it. Anyone out there have similar problems that got fixed????????????? How?????////

Frustrated in Texas
SM Dowling

spam firewall