Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

WFLD-HD in Chicago and Idol

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

What happened during the American Idol finale in Chicago on the WFLD-HD feed?? At 8:00pm the HD feed started the show over from when it began at 7pm!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   whatchel1

whatchel1

Hall Of Fame

• No PM's
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

What happened during the American Idol finale in Chicago on the WFLD-HD feed?? At 8:00pm the HD feed started the show over from when it began at 7pm!

I just watched what you were talking about. I'm in Tx so I get CDT feed also. Only explaination is some one at Fox hit the wrong router either via a server foul up on manually.

#3 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:32 PM

I just watched what you were talking about. I'm in Tx so I get CDT feed also. Only explaination is some one at Fox hit the wrong router either via a server foul up on manually.

I watched the HD feed but I recorded the regular feed and it was fine. Just the HD one messed up, but someone online in Miami had the same thing happen so who knows what happened.

#4 OFFLINE   nazz

nazz

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:43 AM

This happened to a bunch of people watching on various cable HD channels so it was definitely a FOX screw up.

#5 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

Happened in Philly also, on OTA.

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:54 AM

Happened in the San Antonio local OTA feed.

#7 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

The same happened in NEPA with WOLF-DT's OTA feed.

#8 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:36 PM

Sounds like the whole country's HD broadcast got screwed up. If any advertisers ask for concessions as a result...it's gonna cost Fox. Somebody's losing their job.:eek2:

#9 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

Advertisers weren't effected as it only happened for about 3-5 minutes or so at the beginning of the second hour, and not during a commercial break.

#10 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:09 PM

Advertisers weren't effected as it only happened for about 3-5 minutes or so at the beginning of the second hour, and not during a commercial break.

True, but the fact that 5 minutes of the show were "tainted" could cause advertisers to insist that the value of their air minutes was reduced.

#11 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:09 PM

SAme here in Houston. I thought I was suffering from dea ja vu.

spam firewall