Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BUG REPORT: Loss of audio on SAT or OTA after parked on OTA for x hours

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   logray

logray

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:21 PM

After being parked on OTA for many hours, then tune to a SAT station, sometimes the audio is gone. Other times, the audio will be missign on OTA but there on SAT. Only a reboot fixes the problem.

THis has happened probably 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Very annoying.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   logray

logray

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:11 AM

Awwww c'mon, no one else has seen this?

#3 OFFLINE   jbanks15

jbanks15

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:31 PM

i have had it a few times as you describe. reboot fixes it.

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Strube

Mark Strube

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

This has happened to my mom several times, and I'm not always there to reboot it. (I'd have her do it, but one of the reasons we have DishNetwork with so many channels is because she's disabled and spends a lot of time in bed.)

It'd be nice to see this bug fixed.

#5 OFFLINE   Mark Strube

Mark Strube

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

Logray - Any idea if this doesn't happen when using digital audio out? We're just using the analog stereo out for now (the RCA red & white connectors).

#6 OFFLINE   logray

logray

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:33 PM

not sure, i'm only seeing it with rca, but haven't noticed or tried with toslink. i'll do some tests next time it happens.

#7 OFFLINE   sherlock1

sherlock1

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:32 AM

not sure, i'm only seeing it with rca, but haven't noticed or tried with toslink. i'll do some tests next time it happens.

I've had this happen several times when viewing OTA HD. It was only when the signal was marginal and went off a time or two and came back on. Finally it would just go off and require a reboot.

I haven't had that happen since I improved the OTA antenna.

Hope that helps.

#8 OFFLINE   anthonyi

anthonyi

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:50 AM

Same issue with my VIP211. I average at least one time a day rebooting this unit and it is my second unit with the same issues. I don't think we should be paying full price until Dish Network corrects the problems with their receivers.

#9 OFFLINE   mruk69

mruk69

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:27 PM

I've had this happen several times when viewing OTA HD. It was only when the signal was marginal and went off a time or two and came back on. Finally it would just go off and require a reboot.

I haven't had that happen since I improved the OTA antenna.

Hope that helps.

Last week I had to do reset due to the same problem are 15 times, no kidding. I called Dish about 6 tiomes to bitch about. The final time I called I told the Tech Support person I am not going to do another reset as I already have and it dows not resolve it, also i refused to the check switch agin as that doesn't help either. She asked me to go to system info and read software version and dnsap or what ever its called and said their was an upgrade for it and she will initialize it. I was told it may take 20 mins and in the mean while do not change channels oruse the guide or menu. Well it has been about 5 days since then and I still have not got hat update to my dnasp.
My problem was that even with 80-85 signal on OTA it would suddenly freeze the picture and then when you change channels whether OTA, regular or HD channels they would all be black. You can see the banner, the menu and the guide but no picture. However, you still got audio. The only way you could fix it was with a re-boot, which is about a 7-8 minute process as it takes to long to download the guide.
Today i noticed on my HD ota's during CSI the audio was choppy and slow on all OTA's so I had to do the reboot again.

#10 OFFLINE   levibluewa

levibluewa

Icon

• Registered
  • 603 posts
  • LocationWA, OR, CA

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:14 PM

Just for the record, I noticed a similar incident. I think the audio came back after turning the 211 off and back on. I will be on alert if it happens again.

spam firewall