Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sheryl Crow live on Big Brother

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 09:38 PM

Just finished watching the internet feed of the Sheryl Crow concert on Big Brother. Very cool! She played 3 songs (All I wanna do is have some fun, Soak up the Sun and Steve McQueen). In between one of the songs she mentioned that she felt like she was playing at a wedding since her audience was so small.

It will be airing on CBS tonight (Wednesday) in a 2 hour special. Well worth a look if you are a Sherly Crow fan.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 09:49 PM

I wached as well, it sucked.

Sheryl was good but I kept getting the "were sorry this stream is unavailable" error message.

When I got in the video was bad, now that it's done everything is good again.

#3 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 06:00 AM

I know what you mean Scott. I had to try a few times to get in but once I did, the stream was pretty stable and the video was as good as what I expected considering how loaded the server was. The sound was also pretty clear.

I had a 201K connection using my cable modem. I can't imagine trying to watch the feed with a dialup which might top out at about 5K. People with dialup really get ripped paying $10 a month for lousy video and sound.

The only thing I don't like about the Big Brother feeds is that they timeout after 30 minutes. To make sure that I saw the entire concert, I re-established my connection while the houseguests were working on the challenge so I ended up missing that part. It took me a few times but I finally got back in right when Sheryl Crow started singing her first song. No biggy, I will just watch what I missed tonight on TV.

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 07:01 AM

The part I hate is that they widely advertised this concert, yet they did not have enough bandwidth to handle their paying customers.

You would think that RealNetwork would have more then enough streams available.

It was funny how after the concert everyone was sitting around and talking about how they felt like Puppets for Dancing around to Cheryl Crow, and they also seemed upset that she only did three songs. I bet we dont see any of that footage on tonights show, instead we will see the happy people who loved havinig her there.

#5 OFFLINE   jrjcd

jrjcd

Arcane Movie Trivia King

• Gold Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 07:59 AM

all i wanna do is chat all day....
jrjcd(jack)-

"I've got a FEVER...and the ONLY prescription for it is MORE COWBELL!!!!"
Lengendary record producer Bruce Dickinson

#6 OFFLINE   Mike

Mike

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 07:39 PM

Originally posted by Chris Blount
I had a 201K connection using my cable modem. I can't imagine trying to watch the feed with a dialup which might top out at about 5K. People with dialup really get ripped paying $10 a month for lousy video and sound.

All I have is dialup, so I really appreciate all of yours and others updates. WCBS in New York is showing the Giants @ Jets game on Sat., 8/24, so CBS 2 is going to show Big Brother from 7 to 8pm ET. An hour before most of the ET and CT time zones get the "regular" feed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...