Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New D* Channels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ramcm7

ramcm7

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 07:33 AM

Anybody else notice the new Customer Alert channels? They inform customers not to be hoodwinked by marketers telling them DTV is already dead and/or they need to swith to "another" service. Are there some DISH retailers so aggressive that DTV had to put up these channels?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 09:02 AM

Yes! Some E* retailers are telling their customers the merger is a done deal and D* is RIP. Quite a few reports of this on AVS, good move by D*, imo.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#3 OFFLINE   EricG

EricG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 10:01 AM

That's because Charlie won't shutup about it. The retailers think it is a done deal.

Originally posted by Steve Mehs
Yes! Some E* retailers are telling their customers the merger is a done deal and D* is RIP. Quite a few reports of this on AVS, good move by D*, imo.

#4 OFFLINE   Jimmy Rollins

Jimmy Rollins

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 12:37 AM

This guy is unbelieavable to me. Directv customers and employees have to be freaking that this guy could get control.

Of course Charlie is doing this stuff. He's had no scruples in the past, why would he start now.

#5 OFFLINE   timf

timf

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 09:10 AM

Trust me, I am freaking. Charlie is really the only reason I'm anti-merger.

#6 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:42 AM

No, those retailers doing such thing dont think its a done deal, the retailers just want to misrepresent the merger, and take advantage of it. I cant see why they dont wait for the merger to happen so they will get the jobs of swapping them out instead of having to do these type of tactics. There are always going to be scammers out there that will try to mislead people no matter what business you are in.

At least we know about some of the things being done to mislead the customers in believing these things. This reminds me of the Primestar Switchover ordeal. DirecTv would warn the customers on the bottom of the bill about Dish Network but DirecTv was misleading as well telling their customers as if they did not have a choice but thats business for ya, and some done that with that Primestar swapout like they are doing now. I wonder what some of these people that swapped from Primestar to DirecTv are thinking about having to swap over again possibly or being told they have to swap over? Some would probably believe it seeing that it had happened before while others would be tired of swapping over. Some may see it as an upgrade that occurs every so many years.

#7 OFFLINE   PeterB

PeterB

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 12:25 PM

Originally posted by Jacob S
No, those retailers doing such thing dont think its a done deal, the retailers just want to misrepresent the merger, and take advantage of it. I cant see why they dont wait for the merger to happen so they will get the jobs of swapping them out instead of having to do these type of tactics.

Becuase there is a lot more money made on a New-to-dish sub, then will be paid for a simple conversion, take the primestar swapout for example.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...