Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DPP44 installed unable to see 148 bird

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   United954

United954

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:56 PM

I also posted this on "dbsforums" but was hoping that there might be some new readers here who might have some more suggestions for me. So heres the original posting with new information added.
-------

I originally had a Dish500 that was looking at 110 and 119, and the following receivers

DP501 - software P309 - Subscription for locals only
DP311 - software P316 - 2nd Subscription for Top180

I just had a DPP44 switch installed and the Dish500 has now been re-aligned to see 148 and I had a Dish1000 installed to see 100, 119, 129. (Upgrading my system ready for a 622 and want to see all the birds I can). However when you do a "check switch" neither of the 2 receivers can see 148. It just comes up and says on both receivers:

Ports ------1 ------2 -------3 ------- 4
Satellite:--119 --110 ---Conn ----129
polarity:---All ----All ------X --------all
device:--Quad --Quad--Twin-----Dual

The installation was done by a third party. I had him moved the 148 feed from port 4 to port 3 on my DPP44 to see if there was any difference, none still the same on both receivers. He said something about I didnt have a program package to receive anything from 148 so neither receiver would find anything. However I would have thought that these "installation screens" just look for raw signal from the satellite and indicate if it is there and not just say "no signal". I have since connected the DP311 direct to the 148 feed and have near 100% signal all the way to the DPP44 Switch and the DP311 recognises 148 bird. The LNB on the Dish 500 pointing towards 148 is a Dishpro Twin. I have also removed all the other birds from the DPP44 so there is only one cable coming from the Twin LNB pointing at the 148 bird. In this configuration ll the DP311 can still see nothing. I've moved this cable across all the ports and still nothing.

Tomorrow I'm going to move the LNBs around so that the Quad is pointing towards 148, the Twin is 110/199 and Dual on 129. But anymore suggestions would be appreciated.

Any help appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:25 PM

It looks like you have the quad connected to the Dish 1000 instead of the DPP Twin. There is additional information at you post located on DBSforums.

#3 OFFLINE   United954

United954

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:52 PM

Just to finish this discussion here i got some great help from the guys on dbsforums and ended up with this configuration

DPP Twin on the Dish 1000, DPP Quad on the Dish500. So i have this:

Ports ------1 ----2 -----3 ------ 4
Satellite:--119 --110 --148 ----129
polarity:---All ---All ----All -----All
device:--Twin -Twin-{Quad}---Dual

So any others who need help this configuration works great and you can see all 4 birds.

#4 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:32 PM

United954,

If the Twin that you used was a DPP it may have been the problem in that it is a more advanced switch than that of the DP Twin. I can see an advantage to having the quad pulling in 110/119 as it would give at least two more outputs from the dish for standard receivers. Glad you got it all up and running.

John

spam firewall