Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Introducing: Samsung SL10D10 Flip Top LCD/Combo Unit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Mossberg

Mossberg

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

I'm new here but have lurked for a while.

Just a heads up for you guys.

I just bought this today at Circuit City online for $200 + tax. If you add this coupon code 23A2C9MAZ7, you can get it for $186 + tax. The coupon expires 2/24.;)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

For $186 (or even $200)... I might even have to buy another.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#23 OFFLINE   Mossberg

Mossberg

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

OK, I've had this unit for a couple weeks now and would have to say it more than serves it's purpose. Especially for the $186 I paid for it. My only gripe is that I need to find a way to make the guide bigger to see it from across the kitchen. The guide appears very small on a 10" screen. Then again, I haven't played with it much.

I mounted mine under my kitchen cabinet and when folded up, I retain all of my counter space. I just wish it could play XM with the screen closed like Earl mentioned in an earlier post. Right now, I just fold it up about halfway so it doesn't turn off.

Other than that, the wife is happy since this is one of her favorite rooms. Now she can watch Food Network while she burns! ;)

#24 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

All images are links to two different files sizes; Large and Small. They are the same picture, just the Small is about 25% the size of the large..

---------------

Overall Image of the Unit:
Full
Small

<...>

Earl, please restore the links - it pointing to ads :(.

#25 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:11 AM

Hmmm.... I will have to replace all the links... since I gave up the server and the domain.

Give me a few days... I should still have the images on my home server...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#26 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:46 PM

On a positive note I was able to get one of these units new for $50 today (no it didn't "fall" off a truck). Seems pretty nice although I don't understand why Samsung made it a 4:3 set when the screen is really meant for 16:9. Ahh well...it's on my wife's desk and she's happy....that's all that matters.

#27 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

Earl,

I think I now have the latest software on this machine...do you know if it's possible to make the Guide one touch? I don't see an option and the edgecutter menu doesn't appear to be active.

#28 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

not available to standard receivers (D11)you can only bring up the mini guide using the blue button
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#29 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

On a positive note I was able to get one of these units new for $50 today (no it didn't "fall" off a truck). Seems pretty nice although I don't understand why Samsung made it a 4:3 set when the screen is really meant for 16:9. Ahh well...it's on my wife's desk and she's happy....that's all that matters.

mine is 16:9. they dont make one with a 4:3 screen. not really sure what you are trying to say.

#30 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

mine is 16:9. they dont make one with a 4:3 screen. not really sure what you are trying to say.

The unit we have gives you a choice of wide, but it's not quite 16:9 and normal (4:3). If you set the TV for it's wide mode and the reciever for 16:9 the top and bottom of the picture is cut off. I saw this mentioned in a review before I purchased it...and it does seem to be the case.

If you set the receiver for 4:3 and the TV for Wide you get stretch-o-vision.

#31 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:09 PM

not available to standard receivers (D11)you can only bring up the mini guide using the blue button

Thank you.

#32 OFFLINE   f300v10

f300v10

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:48 PM

Has this unit been discontinued? I sent mine in for repair and could not find this model on the samsung website.

Directv since 1996

#33 OFFLINE   medic4jc7

medic4jc7

• Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:27 AM

He wanted to show us the car he drives. A gift from Directv.:lol:

#34 OFFLINE   Marcus S

Marcus S

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

Is a Sat-Go forum going to be added?
DirecTV Sat-Go

#35 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

Is a Sat-Go forum going to be added?
DirecTV Sat-Go

Not a specific one.

We would discuss here in this SD sub-forum
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#36 OFFLINE   mbrown520

mbrown520

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:31 AM

Quick question about this machine....bought one new on ebay 4 months ago...with new access card. Worked well for 2 months but now it gets fuzzy picture when turned 180 degress (like viewing under cabinet mount). Works fine when not turned so it must be a short or something. Anyhow, If I bought a used machine on ebay without an access card could I just pull my access card out of the one I have now and use it or do I have to call and "marry" the access card with the new (used) unit?
Thanks

#37 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

.... Anyhow, If I bought a used machine on ebay without an access card could I just pull my access card out of the one I have now and use it or do I have to call and "marry" the access card with the new (used) unit?
Thanks

Typically DirecTV will insist that they send you a new Access Card to activate a used Receiver (~$20). But sometimes they'll let you re-marry your existing Access Card with another Receiver. Either way, you need to call them. You can't just move the Access Card.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#38 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Quick question about this machine....bought one new on ebay 4 months ago...with new access card. Worked well for 2 months but now it gets fuzzy picture when turned 180 degress (like viewing under cabinet mount). Works fine when not turned so it must be a short or something. Anyhow, If I bought a used machine on ebay without an access card could I just pull my access card out of the one I have now and use it or do I have to call and "marry" the access card with the new (used) unit?
Thanks

You mean physically flipping the unit over?
Or selecting the option to reverse the image?

If it is physically flipping... then the wire may just be lose internally.

It isn't hard, but is a tad tricky to open it up.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#39 OFFLINE   mbrown520

mbrown520

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

You mean physically flipping the unit over?
Or selecting the option to reverse the image?

If it is physically flipping... then the wire may just be lose internally.

It isn't hard, but is a tad tricky to open it up.

Physically flipping...we have it mounted under our cabinet in the kitchen so to view you pull the screen down and rotate 180. I can poke my head under the cabinet and clearly see picture is great when I just have the screen down, but when I rotate it becomes fuzzy...I can keep unrotating and rotating until I get lucky and find a spot where it isnt so fuzzy but who wants to do that all the time, especially when all the fuzziness doesnt get cleared up, just enough to watch without being totally annoyed.

Was hoping I could just jump on ebay, find a cheap used one and plug my access card into and go but that doesnt sound like I can do that so its either try fixing or get a used one and get a new access card.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...