Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Espn

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GodisGreat79

GodisGreat79

Legend

• Banned User
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:33 AM

I have the Dish Famly Package but I like sports so I was wondering would I be able to subscribe to just the ESPN Packages with Dish Family like ESPN,ESPN 2,ESPNews ect.... without upgrading? If so how much would it cost?

Thanks,
Andy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:37 AM

No such ala carte available. Have to go to AT60 or above to get ESPN and ESPN2
ESPN Classic require AT120 or higher.
Your local RSN(s) come with AT60+ or higher.

#3 OFFLINE   Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 979 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:38 PM

I think it's unfortunate that if this poster wants to upgrade from the Basic Family Tier to the higher AT-60 Teir, he will lose alot of his channels and be paying more a month. I see that as unfair.
Gun control is racist.

#4 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:45 PM

seems totally fair to me. Life is full of choices, and just like in life, you have to make choices on what channels you want. If you want ESPN, then you need to choose the package that it comes in, if the customer wants Dish Family then they choose not to have ESPN. Just like in life you can't have it all.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,258 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:48 PM

DishFamily is an optional package in competition with AT60 in many ways. One has the choice of having just the family friendly programming from all levels of E* programming or follow the "America's Top" or "DishHD" tier system. It was never intended to be a subset of the mainstream tiers.

That being said, a la carte programming would help in such situations where people are only interested in certain types of programming. Perhaps energy could be spent trying to get E* to create a DishFamily PLUS package that would add an ESPN pak and one's own RSN channel(s). That would open the door to other programming on those channels that isn't nessisarily family friendly. The intent of the DishFamily package is not to have non-friendly programming to block.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...