Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish CSR says they are no longer shipping 622's

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fontzmark

fontzmark

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

I just got off the phone with Dish, I was trying to get a tracking number for my 622 because I thought it would arrive this week...to be installed July 2nd, anyway the guy on the phone said they are no longer shipping them and that the installer would be bringing it with him, along with all the cables, etc. Did not get in to any specifics about which cables.
Also, I am new here, been lurking for awhile, just wanted to say I really enjoy all the information you guys provide and share...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   pdxsam

pdxsam

Godfather

• Registered
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

Also, I am new here, been lurking for awhile, just wanted to say I really enjoy all the information you guys provide and share...

Welcome!

#3 OFFLINE   chaddux

chaddux

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 989 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:42 PM

Mod: Typo in the title (662).
Chad

"The problem with the gene pool is that there aren't enough lifeguards." - Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:44 AM

:welcome_s fontzmark

Lets us know how things go and if you have any questions while you wait or after you get the box installed, feel free to fire away.

If you have been lurking, I am sure you have found the search tools. They can come in real handy to find out the main issues with the 622s or just scan the threads in here and you will have a good idea of what to look for.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#5 OFFLINE   fontzmark

fontzmark

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:45 AM

Well to be honest I am a little nervous about the 622. I have been with Dish for 10 years now, and my current reciever the 811 is the most advanced I have had, the 622 will be my fourth reciever, the first two I had to purchase, the second two are/will be leased.
I have never had a problem with Dish, not one, I had a great installer, who has moved and will not be doing the 622. All my recievers have worked great, in fact I was joking with my installer that I only see him once every three years, but he has moved and can't do this one. But, I read about all the problems people have had, with the 811 and the 622, and well it makes me wonder if my streak is about to end.
Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   ZigSteenine

ZigSteenine

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

Well to be honest I am a little nervous about the 622. I have been with Dish for 10 years now, and my current reciever the 811 is the most advanced I have had, the 622 will be my fourth reciever, the first two I had to purchase, the second two are/will be leased.
I have never had a problem with Dish, not one, I had a great installer, who has moved and will not be doing the 622. All my recievers have worked great, in fact I was joking with my installer that I only see him once every three years, but he has moved and can't do this one. But, I read about all the problems people have had, with the 811 and the 622, and well it makes me wonder if my streak is about to end.
Thanks

You may encounter bugs. I have had a few but they hve been minor.

You are moving to a DVR. ANY bugs you might encounter will be minimal when you experience a DVR and the ability to time shift programs.

The DVR function will literally change the way you watch TV!!!!!! :icon_da: I won't watch 'Live TV' anymore unless forced to because the recorders are all grinding.

#7 OFFLINE   jrb531

jrb531

Icon

• Registered
  • 916 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

Thanks

After having a 301, 501, 508 and 811 and just upgrading a few months ago to the 622 I can say that, IMHO, the 622 is the best of the lot.

Bugs? A few minor ones but I rem the teething pains we had with the 501/508's.

The only thing I am not happy with is that they installed a Dish 1000 and disconnected my 61.5 - the signal strength I am getting on 129 is about half of what I was getting on 61.5. I made Dish make a note on my account that I had low signal strength at the time of install but as long as I get a picture it's kind of hard to complain.

Enjoy your 622! Damn fine box if you ask me.

-JB

spam firewall