Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Rumor: NFL Promo coming 6/28/2006

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   hornetsfan30m

hornetsfan30m

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

i am new here is there a free preview of NFL Ticket

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:14 PM

from what i know no there is no free preview for NFLST or NCAAMMM. i believe only MLBEI and NBALP is the only soprts packages that offer a free preview.

$69 wow that price keeps going higher and higher. that might be hard to sell. from what i heard from a D*CSR you can still refer a friend with this offer. cant wait to see how they advertise this. they need to air that D* sports comerical nationwide on other providers cause people with cable might not know that "D* is the undisputed sports leader in tv"

i remember years ago i had this offer w/o a dvr and w/o hd for $45 or $50 a month. but again that was years ago. This will be fun to sell =).

#23 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

If they don't have previews, how else can they get people to buy their programming. Nobody buys a car without test driving it.

#24 OFFLINE   jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

If they don't have previews, how else can they get people to buy their programming. Nobody buys a car without test driving it.

There target demographic are American Football junkies. You know whether you like football or not and you don't need a preview to tell you that. If you like it enough to pay $69 or more, then get NFLST.

#25 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

jonaswan2 said it. D*'s target market is football fans, no where else can you follow your fav nfl team all season long, only from NFLST can viewers watch all the out of market teams.

#26 OFFLINE   cheer

cheer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:52 PM

If you need to see a preview of NFL ST to decide whether to buy it, then you're not the sort of person who will buy NFL ST. Simple as that.
--
Christopher D. Heer

We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

#27 OFFLINE   Crystal Pepsi Ball

Crystal Pepsi Ball

Godfather

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:39 PM

i believe only MLBEI and NBALP is the only soprts packages that offer a free preview.

NHL, NBA, MLB, College Basketball, & MLS all have a free preview of some kind. The first three usually have the freeview at the start of the season for about a week, and another preview around all-star time. College has it free for the first week, but dont remember if they have a freeview in February. MLS has it the first weekend and around July 4 weekend.

5 LNB Dish
SWM 16 Multiswitch
Living Room: HR24-200
Master Bed: R22-100 and DECA
Guest Bed: R22-100 and DECA
Front Room: R22-100 and DECA
Office: H21-200 and DECA
Cinema Connection Kit hooked to Comcast Internet

#28 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:47 AM

Those packages are also not exclusive to D* and have longer than a 16 game season. If you see a game on network TV, you've seen a free preview. Simple as that. There may also be something in the contract with the NFL that doesn't allow it, but what do you really need to see for free? There's really no mystery, and the package is popular enough that they don't need to be giving it away to get people to subscribe.

#29 OFFLINE   thumperr

thumperr

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:24 AM

It is also good to be KING. The NFL is the premiere sporting league, why give it away free? No one needs a free preview to know that NFLST is all the games you can't normally see.

Lets also be honest here. The price is $280 for the season. just because they break it into 4 installments doesn't make it any cheaper. I subscribed to D* for 2 reasons, 1 NFLST and 2. Adelphia was raising rates and not providing the same service for my area as other customers in the same county that were paying the same price. The guy that works with pays the same per month for Comcast as i do, but i get more premiume channels. he may get a little more HD currently. I also have better PQ with D* than Adelphia offered.

Some people are willing to pay to see there favorite NFL team. To me the price is worth it. to me, it is still better than find a sports bar.

#30 OFFLINE   saleen351

saleen351

Godfather

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:18 AM

I run a high stakes fantasy league, 500 dollar buy in. We run 3 tvs and 2 computers at my house every sunday..

The money I spend on the ST actually saves me money, since I was at the bar dropping 100 bucks a sunday watching my jets.. Now I do the 12 to 12 shift with 3 games on at once.. I had the DTV guy wire my house so I can move two tvs and boxes to my living room in 5 minutes.

If you spend the time, all the boxes work off 1 remote, so with the push of 1 button, you can flip all the tvs to other games, or you can roate them to the big screen with sound..

LOVE MY NFLST, you don't need a preview, just buy it, you'll be so happy if you love football or play fantasy.

#31 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

DTV runs this kind off offer every year to new subscribers, ie, get TC premiere for free for four months, if you pay for the NFL ST for 4 months. even if I didn't watch football, its a great price for TC premiere :)

~Melodie~ AkA AnonomissX

#32 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:07 PM

DTV runs this kind off offer every year to new subscribers, ie, get TC premiere for free for four months, if you pay for the NFL ST for 4 months. even if I didn't watch football, its a great price for TC premiere :)

~Melodie~ AkA AnonomissX

you beat me by one hour on the post...i was gonna say this is how i started with DTV in 2002 and i have had TCP ever since but dropped ST. I'm pretty sure this offer is every year for new subs so it's not a real surprise.

now if they added stuff for existing subs that would be news :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...