Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Thread For D*CSRS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BBB is here

BBB is here

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:56 AM

There are several people that come here and claim to be Customer support for Directv. I am curious about the amount of calls they receive about Tivo Vs r15 and if more people want Tivo or the R. And how people like the R15. I realise that we arent supposed to discuss the R15 here but since my thread is about Both Tivo and R15 I figure it is Ok here.

Basicly I am hoping Tivo is winning Over the R15 and more people want the Tivo! But I was curious how this battle is going On the home front.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

I am closing this thread, as you have the one over in the R15 forum.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

Oops!, i have re-opened the thread here since it is better suited for discussion in the General Discussion Forum rather than the R15 Forum.

#4 OFFLINE   homerx

homerx

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

Well, I like the r15 more. Its just a lot more user frendly. (In my opnion).

The tivo will never come back as d* is phasing them out

#5 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:05 AM

Which is what makes this thread pointless.

Stick to the TCF, BBB.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#6 OFFLINE   walters

walters

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:59 AM

Well, I like the r15 more. Its just a lot more user frendly. (In my opnion).

Right, and people are still drinking New Coke.

One can dream (at least while waiting for Comcast ;)).

#7 OFFLINE   cheer

cheer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:51 AM

Right, and people are still drinking New Coke.

That's comparing apples to distributor caps (although, believe it or not, as of a few years ago at least, I still saw New Coke (renamed "Coke II") in the grocery store).

D* has invested substantially in their own branded DVR technology. They won't move back to Tivo unless (A) D* (or Fox) buys Tivo (not likely) or (B) their in-house DVR fails so miserably, and in such an unrecoverable fashion, that they have no choice (also not likely).

And unlike New Coke, D* can issue upgrades and improvements to the R15 and HR20 as time goes on, making (B) even more unlikely.
--
Christopher D. Heer

We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

#8 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:39 AM

Hey! Been reading this forum for a while, and now that I quit the call center I was working for, want to reply...

1)Love Tivo, have 4 of them, 2 are R10's, one Samsung 80 gig, one HNS SDVR40

2) Have an R15 in my room, mostly love it too, but it somehow doesnt foster the .... "Kumbayah" factor the Tivo does.

3) 2 HNS SD-HBH models....sigh, these little zippy models are the essense of brevity and light, too damn bad Hughes got edged out, they are a great model for just surfing and having multiple guide setups, as well as the one-line guide the newer d-10/r15/ have.

I just quit, it wasn't Directv, it was the DAMN company I worked for and the free Directv wasnt enough finally to put up with it anymore. I was a "Tier II" agent...where you get sent for tech support when you have a dvr or hd receiver...you know, 3 - 5 transfers later, so you can scream at me how many times you have been transferred...oh you cant scream at me anymore, hee hee! :)

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

Like I told installers on the phone, they pay me to talk, they pay you to climb on the roof.

~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

Protected By... spam firewall...And...